+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

mamad604

Nov 12, 2014
doctorkb said:
We are in Edmonton as well, and while we haven't called CIC to ask about file location (it really doesn't matter), our timeline is similar to yours.

The other thing to note is that there seems to be a line where they sped up ALL applications -- I think it was in the spring. We have friends who applied in January but haven't heard anything back.
Hi Doctorkb,

I know knowing the location of your file won't really matter, but from what I see on the forum I wanted to check myself. Because some ppl say when your line disappears it means that your file has been transferred to local office which is not right from my experience.

I have been in Canada for 12 years so getting the passport asap won't change anything for me.

Good luck for all of us.

RizGav28

Oct 16, 2014
Blackbook said:
congrats Riz. where is your local office?

I took my test on OCT 30 and still no oath letter... waiting impatiently.

I read few posts on Mississauga local office that they receive oath letter in an average of 1 and 1.5 month after the test date.
Thanks to all. Hopefully before the end of the year we can finish the oath :)

Blackbook, our local office is Missisauga as well. I saw a few posting (as of Sept 2014) who have received an oath invite in 1-2 weeks but you are right, some take a month to a month and a half. The lady who interviewed us didn't say what to expect and we both didn't bother to ask. Here's hoping everybody gets a test invite and oath letters before the year end. It would be a nice Christmas present for all of us :)

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YAAAAYY!!!! Got my test invite in the mailbox today!!! So friggin' excited!! Still nothing showing on eCAS though. I hope everyone gets theirs soon too <3 You can find my application details in the signature line below! :D :D :D

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
big congrats!! :) :) :) :)

brbr said:
YAAAAYY!!!! Got my test invite in the mailbox today!!! So friggin' excited!! Still nothing showing on eCAS though. I hope everyone gets theirs soon too <3 You can find my application details in the signature line below! :D :D :D

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brbr said:
Congraz!
my 6-month theory for Sauga applicants prove to be right, haha

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
Congraz!
my 6-month theory for Sauga applicants prove to be right, haha
lol almost to the day! 183 days since date received... wowza! hahahaha if February was 29 days this year you would've been a superstar :p 8)

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brbr said:
lol almost to the day! 183 days since date received... wowza! hahahaha if February was 29 days this year you would've been a superstar :p 8)
Congrats brbr

Are you a single applicant or a family applicant

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brbr said:
Thank you djsunman! I am a single applicant.
You are welcome, I am close to you timeline, thus hopefully news soon.

Whats the colour of your test invite ?

revalc

Nov 4, 2010
Got my test letter by mail. My time line as follows. Good luck everyone!

Application Received: May 28
Start processing: July 31
Test letter dated: Nov. 12 (received in two days)
Test date: Nov. 27

Office: Mississauga
Type: Single Applicant

(Also, ecas didn't show anything about the test letter. Last line indicates date processing started.)