+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May TRV applicants connect here

bobta

Jun 19, 2018
@Bryanna
please appreciate your help in my case:

iam lebanese working and living in northen iraq,
i applied on may 17 paper in erbil office and file is in amman, jordan visa office since may 21
connected my application online on june 22, and it was reviewing eleigibility and checking background and so far no updates

i have 3 previous visas to canada and last december i went there on chirstmas holiday, my visa ended on march 2018

why do you think the reason for the delay in decision? before i had the visa in 12 days applied in beirut lebanon.

do you think it is security checking? should i ask for my passport back? please help

bobta

Jun 19, 2018
@Bryanna
please appreciate your help in my case:

iam lebanese working and living in northen iraq,
i applied on may 17 paper in erbil office and file is in amman, jordan visa office since may 21
connected my application online on june 22, and it was reviewing eleigibility and checking background and so far no updates

i have 3 previous visas to canada and last december i went there on chirstmas holiday, my visa ended on march 2018

why do you think the reason for the delay in decision? before i had the visa in 12 days applied in beirut lebanon.

do you think it is security checking? should i ask for my passport back? please help

@Bryanna
please note that i filled the web forum for ircc and they replied :

The application of Temporary Resident Visa is still in process. At this time, we are unable to provide an estimated date of when a final decision on the case will be made. If we require any further information/documents, or when a final decision is made, we will be in contact with the applicant immediately.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
please note that i filled the web forum for ircc and they replied :

The application of Temporary Resident Visa is still in process. At this time, we are unable to provide an estimated date of when a final decision on the case will be made. If we require any further information/documents, or when a final decision is made, we will be in contact with the applicant immediately.
As background checks are in progress, the standard estimated processing times will not apply. It can take several weeks or months for these checks to be completed.

There's nothing else you can do but to wait for a decision.

Do you need your passport for any other travel? If yes, you can request the visa office to return it. But, you must specifically state that you are NOT cancelling/withdrawing your application + you will re-submit your passport whenever requested

bobta

Jun 19, 2018
As background checks are in progress, the standard estimated processing times will not apply. It can take several weeks or months for these checks to be completed.

There's nothing else you can do but to wait for a decision.

Do you need your passport for any other travel? If yes, you can request the visa office to return it. But, you must specifically state that you are NOT cancelling/withdrawing your application + you will re-submit your passport whenever requested
thank you @Bryanna for the infos, i have one more question, if i took back my passport and after sometime they requested me to submit my passport for visa stamping how long do i have time to do so? because i might have a long vacation outside the country

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thank you @Bryanna for the infos, i have one more question, if i took back my passport and after sometime they requested me to submit my passport for visa stamping how long do i have time to do so? because i might have a long vacation outside the country
You would get 30 days to submit your passport. If you're on a vacation abroad, you can request to submit your passport to the visa office in the country you're visiting

Reactions: bobta

bobta

Jun 19, 2018
You would get 30 days to submit your passport. If you're on a vacation abroad, you can request to submit your passport to the visa office in the country you're visiting
dear @Bryanna the problem is that i am going on a vacation for several destinations like a tour and not staying so long in each place , my question is what if i crossed my 1 month period to submit my passport? what would happen? should i go back to submit a new application from zero?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
dear @Bryanna the problem is that i am going on a vacation for several destinations like a tour and not staying so long in each place , my question is what if i crossed my 1 month period to submit my passport? what would happen? should i go back to submit a new application from zero?
If you are unable to submit your passport within the 30 days of getting a passport request then your file will be closed as refused. You would then need to reapply from scratch

Reactions: bobta