+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May Intake Deferring to Sep'20 | Study Permit Not Processed | India

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Dear All,

I had applied for May Intake in Durham College, Applied for visa with below timelines

SP Applied - 26th Feb
Biometric Done - 29th Feb
Medical Passed - 9th Mar

Till then-No update, Status are pending for Review Eligibility, Background check, and Final Decision.

Due to Covid-19, College asked for Defer and I got a new letter for Sep now .

1) When Embassy will resume their work ,As its been 43 days now I ve applied (Is it Normal ?)
2) Is there a need of updating LOA in the application as Agent is not asking to do it

(Anyone in same boat, Please help)

Jerryjoel

Sep 10, 2018
Dear All,

I had applied for May Intake in Durham College, Applied for visa with below timelines

SP Applied - 26th Feb
Medical Passed - 9th Mar

Till then-No update, Status are pending for Review Eligibility, Background check, and Final Decision.

1) When Embassy will resume their work ,As its been 43 days now I ve applied (Is it Normal ?)
2) Is there a need of updating LOA in the application as Agent is not asking to do it

Yes me too applied on Feb 28th same status also for me

Meet577

Nov 4, 2019
Hope wont get deferred from Sep too
There is no harm in getting deferral to September as it is just 4 month gap and going to canada in this situation where you need to isolate for 14 days with no home, job, food supply for those who don't have any family there and even if you have any, they will be scared to take you inside in the first place because of this virus outbreak.

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
There is no harm in getting deferral to September as it is just 4-month gap and going to Canada in this situation where you need to isolate for 14 days with no home, job, food supply for those who don't have any family there and even if you have any, they will be scared to take you inside in the first place because of this virus outbreak.

Yeah, you are right! I am just looking for TAT or expected decision timelines.

anmolwadera

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
Dear All,

SP Applied - 26th Feb
Medical Passed - 9th Mar

I don't think you can update your application. Or can you? Agent told me to get an extension. No update since 20 days. I too deferred to September in Durham. What course you're in?

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
3 weeks are up for me, no updates. It may take another 30 days looking at the current speeds.

Uncertainty is worse than anything else we can possibly have. If we get some decision, we can move our life forward.

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
i have been dealing the same, there's a new update on the ircc website stating that they are processing visas for fall semester but nothing about may semester. so what about the students that applied for may intake? my university mailed me about the deferral and said i wont be needing a new LOA since mine is valid until jan 2021. shall we let the ircc know about it? how do we do that even? are they going to automatically assume it got deferred? i applied on 16th of march, everything completed upfront but no updates since then.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
i have been dealing the same, there's a new update on the ircc website stating that they are processing visas for fall semester but nothing about may semester. so what about the students that applied for may intake? my university mailed me about the deferral and said i wont be needing a new LOA since mine is valid until jan 2021. shall we let the ircc know about it? how do we do that even? are they going to automatically assume it got deferred? i applied on 16th of march, everything completed upfront but no updates since then.
That means that they are processing the Student Visas. Fall is just mentioned there, it includes May.

Visa processing has started for student Visas, you yourself mentioned that your friend got the visa.

Don't screw with anything, wait for the visa decision.

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
That means that they are processing the Student Visas. Fall is just mentioned there, it includes May.

Visa processing has started for student Visas, you yourself mentioned that your friend got the visa.

Don't screw with anything, wait for the visa decision.
you're right, i am overthinking. thank you.