+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May intake! Applied ONLINE for study permit on 31 Jan 2015. Pls help!

Mpk

Feb 23, 2015
I applied online on 31st Jan for study permit and received an email from immigration section on 3rd Feb to submit my educational documents. But the status on my CIC account read Cancelled, and that no additional documents are required. So, I sent my documents to the same email i got from immigration section.
Now, the processing time of 3 weeks is already over and I have no updates on my application.
I don't know if the additional documents were received by the Delhi visa office as My CIC account still does not show any link to upload additional documents. Also, they is no update on the application status even after the processing time has exceeded. What should I do next?

PS: I have already mailed my query to question @ cic.gc.ca; DELHIIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca; and delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca but got no replies from them.

Any suggestions are welcome and share your views if you encountered such problem.

Vibin10

Dec 4, 2014
Re: May intake! Applied ONLINE on 31 Jan 2015

Hi,

Did you apply online under SPP Category?

Can you share your profile?

And to which email did you send the Educational docs?

Mpk

Feb 23, 2015
Re: May intake! Applied ONLINE on 31 Jan 2015

Not applied under SPP category.

Integrated Mtech- 8.81 CGPA
IELTS- 7.5 band

Documents were mailed to DELHIIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca as a reply.

Vibin10

Dec 4, 2014
Okay. I think you have done what have been asked. Do not worry. You will hear good news soon.

***Patience is a Virtue***

Mpk

Feb 23, 2015
I hope so too. But I am a lil worried cz if in case they did not receive my educational documents and i don't get an update about it before the deadline (3rd march), my application will get canceled due to failure to submit additional documents.
So, I am just hoping to get a response from them soon. I don't think there is any other option to contact them other than through emails.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Mpk said:
I applied online on 31st Jan for study permit and received an email from immigration section on 3rd Feb to submit my educational documents. But the status on my CIC account read Cancelled, and that no additional documents are required. So, I sent my documents to the same email i got from immigration section.
Now, the processing time of 3 weeks is already over and I have no updates on my application.
I don't know if the additional documents were received by the Delhi visa office as My CIC account still does not show any link to upload additional documents. Also, they is no update on the application status even after the processing time has exceeded. What should I do next?

PS: I have already mailed my query to question @ cic.gc.ca; DELHIIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca; and delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca but got no replies from them.

Any suggestions are welcome and share your views if you encountered such problem.
Is the status of your application still showing cancelled?

Mpk

Feb 23, 2015
Yes, it says:

Status- cancelled
Review of submitted documents- No additional documents are needed at this time
Final decision- Not started

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
If you application status is cancelled, it means (any of these or more):
you no more need what you're requesting for;
CIC is unable to process your application for some reasons;
you might already be in the possession of the necessary same documents you've applied for;
you did not use the correct application forms or gross mistake;
and others.

You may use the help? button sign to know more about when an application status is cancelled on MyCIC.

You may need to reapply. You need to use the case enquiry to inquire about the reasons and wait till you get response or find a way to call them to call them so as to get more information. Send your inquiry to the visa office which processed your application or where you selected as your current country of residence. Based on the information you'll get, you'll see if you can re-apply.
Don't know if this will help you. But you need to reach them immediately, seeing as your classes start by march. I don't think just waiting will solve this issue.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Your application may be open, closed, or cancelled.

If the status is open, it means that we have received your application. When we begin to process your file, you will be notified of a change in your application status through your account.

If the status is closed, it means that a final decision has been reached on your application.

If the status is cancelled, it means that before a final decision was made, CIC determined that we did not need to process the application. This could be due to:

an administrative error and your application needs to be re-created by CIC,
an extension of status is required before a permit application can be processed, and/or
CIC determined you do not need what you applied for.

Mpk

Feb 23, 2015
Seyececil said:
Your application may be open, closed, or cancelled.

If the status is open, it means that we have received your application. When we begin to process your file, you will be notified of a change in your application status through your account.

If the status is closed, it means that a final decision has been reached on your application.

If the status is cancelled, it means that before a final decision was made, CIC determined that we did not need to process the application. This could be due to:

an administrative error and your application needs to be re-created by CIC,
an extension of status is required before a permit application can be processed, and/or
CIC determined you do not need what you applied for.
Yes, the help button exactly shows this message!
I have made the case specific inquiry by using the webform of Delhi Visa office (on 5th Feb itself) but did not receive any reply since then. As I received the email asking for additional documents, from Delhi immigration section, I guess my application is being processed at the Delhi visa office. Though my classes start from May but the deadline to submit my educational documents which they asked later is 3rd March.
I can only re-apply if I know what is the final decision they have made on this application but its difficult to contact them only through emails as they have not replied to any of my earlier emails.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Mpk said:
Yes, the help button exactly shows this message!
I have made the case specific inquiry by using the webform of Delhi Visa office (on 5th Feb itself) but did not receive any reply since then. As I received the email asking for additional documents, from Delhi immigration section, I guess my application is being processed at the Delhi visa office. Though my classes start from May but the deadline to submit my educational documents which they asked later is 3rd March.
I can only re-apply if I know what is the final decision they have made on this application but its difficult to contact them only through emails as they have not replied to any of my earlier emails.
Submit your educational documents to the school or to the embassy? Have you received a letter of acceptance from the school?
What documents did you submit in your application then? Did you get the email from the embassy before or after you made the case specific inquiry?

Mpk

Feb 23, 2015
The immigration section send a letter (on 3rd Feb i.e. three days after I submitted my application online) saying -
This refers to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada ( Since I filled the TRV form along with my study permit application form). Additional documentation (education degree) is required in order to continue processing your application. In case of online application please submit through my CIC account. This must be received at this office by: 2015/03/05. If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will assume that you no longer wish to pursue your application and will close your file accordingly.

I already have my acceptance letter, which I have submitted in my application.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
Mpk said:
The immigration section send a letter (on 3rd Feb i.e. three days after I submitted my application online) saying -
This refers to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada ( Since I filled the TRV form along with my study permit application form). Additional documentation (education degree) is required in order to continue processing your application. In case of online application please submit through my CIC account. This must be received at this office by: 2015/03/05. If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will assume that you no longer wish to pursue your application and will close your file accordingly.

I already have my acceptance letter, which I have submitted in my application.
Education degree is your diploma, certificates, transcript of record, etc.

Mpk

Feb 23, 2015
Documents submitted in my online application included:

Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)
Family Information (IMM5645)
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Passport or travel document
Proof of Medical Exam
Digital Photo
Letter of Acceptance
Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada(IMM5257B)
Letter of Explanation (SOP)

Later they asked for education degree through email, So I sent them my degree, mark sheets and IELTS test results by email as there was no link on my CIC account to upload them.

Since then I have receive no update if they have received my documents; and neither there is any update of my status on my CIC acc. The processing time of 3 weeks have already exceeded!

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Send those documents using the case specific inquiry https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx It was through this I submitted my deferral letter.