+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May i know the process for police certificate for US and India

hemaketineni

Aug 20, 2018
I am an Indian citizen staying in US. For my express entry process for canada, Do i need to get the police verification certificate from both US and India? Please let me the process. Thanks in advance. My ielts test is in october. can i start the PCC now itself?

Last edited:

Nothing_but_the_truth

Aug 13, 2018
I am an Indian citizen staying in US. For my express entry process for canada, Do i need to get the police verification certificate from both US and India? Please let me the process. Thanks in advance. My ielts test is in october. can i start the PCC now itself?
yes you can get PCCs in advance.
whether you have to get both or not depends on your length of stay in both places. if you've stayed for more than 6 months in either of the places in the last 10 years - yes you need it.
also use a normal font - the big one looks offensive lol just a thought :p

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Are you planning to travel to India anytime before your submit your application (PR application not just EE profile)? You will need to obtain India PCC after your return from India, you can get it from Indian consulate near you. If you obtain it before going to India or while in India, it cannot be used after your return to US.
US PCC can be obtained within a couple of weeks and it needs to be no older than 6 months when you apply.

hemaketineni

Aug 20, 2018
Are you planning to travel to India anytime before your submit your application (PR application not just EE profile)? You will need to obtain India PCC after your return from India, you can get it from Indian consulate near you. If you obtain it before going to India or while in India, it cannot be used after your return to US.
US PCC can be obtained within a couple of weeks and it needs to be no older than 6 months when you apply.
No, will not go to india, for the Indian Pcc is there any way to apply online? or should i go to consulate in person?