+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Kathmandu23

Dec 15, 2017
Can anyone help please?

Hello

Please help!!!

My sister applied for her PR under sponsorship (inland) on May 1. She received this letter from CIC yesterday saying signatures are missing from IMM 5532 form. The verbiage isn't very clear of what's missing in the form but they had bolded the signature requirement so we assume it's that. Her application has been returned as a result of this. We downloded the form from the PR portal multiple times to check and it's SIGNED. It's digitally signed with their names as stated in the Application Guide. We are baffled and concern what to do. We called IRCC but get conflicted information. Online forums says that some agents don't know the new instructions and want hand signatures. But CIC's letter did not say hand signature. Can someone please help. We've already lost a month of waiting time and don't know what to do.
Question:
1. what does the letter mean? Do they have to add hand signatures instead of typing names?
2. When submitting the application again, do they have upload all the documents again or just the one that was mentioned in the IRCC letter?

Thanks for your help in advance.

THIS IS EXTRACT FROM CIC'S LETTER.

IMM 5532 Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation: Please provide a
completed and signed Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5532) Form.
The Sponsor and Principal Applicant should complete the form and sign the declarations
where indicated.There are (4) mandatory signatures on IMM 5532 throughout the (8)
pages of this form. All signatures are mandatory and
required.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5532E.pdf

As it does not meet the requirements for processing, your submission and documents are being
returned to you and will not be processed or put in the queue for processing

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Can anyone help please?
I have not gone through this process so this is only a suggestion from what I’ve seen on different forums and my experience with IRCC:
I would just re sign everything, if possible from a Windows computer. Check that all your signatures are there, specially in the forms where multiple signatures are necessary in different parts of the form.
And just re send everything. Your whole application got returned and I believe there’s not a lot you can do but resumbit all again, even if it was an error on their part. I would think that trying to get a hold of them and for them to re review and fix the issue would take more time than re submitting asap and getting aor.

Rysweb

Oct 22, 2020
I have not gone through this process so this is only a suggestion from what I’ve seen on different forums and my experience with IRCC:
I would just re sign everything, if possible from a Windows computer. Check that all your signatures are there, specially in the forms where multiple signatures are necessary in different parts of the form.
And just re send everything. Your whole application got returned and I believe there’s not a lot you can do but resumbit all again, even if it was an error on their part. I would think that trying to get a hold of them and for them to re review and fix the issue would take more time than re submitting asap and getting aor.
I'd also like to add that to see if you've checked all the boxes in the document checklist. I think on the last page it requires you to check off all the boxes that mention about signatures.

Reactions: laroly_rola

thanhtam23

Nov 27, 2023
Can anyone help please?
totally agree, perhaps you can go through 8 pages and make sure there are 4 signatures?
sponsor's signature at page 3, principal applicant's signature at page 4, declaration for both of you at page 8

Aurora9

Jan 16, 2019
Hello,

I'm filling my husband PR. I really want to apply soon but have questions.
I'm taking a maternity leave. Can I support my husband PR? If I can, what do I prepare to prove if?
Also, the signature part, when I click the part nothing pop up. So I can't do the signature. how did you guys do it?
And, if I apply PR, it's automatically applying Open Work Permit too?

Rysweb

Oct 22, 2020
Hello,

I'm filling my husband PR. I really want to apply soon but have questions.
I'm taking a maternity leave. Can I support my husband PR? If I can, what do I prepare to prove if?
Also, the signature part, when I click the part nothing pop up. So I can't do the signature. how did you guys do it?
And, if I apply PR, it's automatically applying Open Work Permit too?
I'm pretty sure you can do it now.

1. Just include your employment details and the EI benefit claim?

2. I use acrobat to fill them out. Alternatively try opening the forms in browser mode. That should allow you to sign them as well.

3. No. You have to wait till you get AOR and then apply for the work permit/extension.

Reactions: Aurora9

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
I am applying for a Spousal PR application (Online) for my wife, who is currently on a temporary work permit while I am a Permanent Resident. We got married in a Quebec court and have obtained our marriage certificate. I would like to confirm if we need to submit any additional proof of our relationship besides the marriage certificate.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
I am applying for a Spousal PR application (Online) for my wife, who is currently on a temporary work permit while I am a Permanent Resident. We got married in a Quebec court and have obtained our marriage certificate. I would like to confirm if we need to submit any additional proof of our relationship besides the marriage certificate.
If you are married recently or less than a few years,
You have to provide extra documents to prove your relationship such as : lease agreement, same address documents (driver license, phone bills & insurance documents)
I am not sure about Quebec though, it could be same as any other provinces of Canada

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
If you are married recently or less than a few years,
You have to provide extra documents to prove your relationship such as : lease agreement, same address documents (driver license, phone bills & insurance documents)
I am not sure about Quebec though, it could be same as any other provinces of Canada
We got married in India with a traditional Indian ceremonies, but we did not register the marriage in India. We then returned to Montreal and got married in a Quebec court, where we obtained our marriage certificate. Do I need to attach all proof of the ceremonies that took place in India, or can we submit only the marriage certificate from the Quebec court?

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
We got married in India with a traditional Indian ceremonies, but we did not register the marriage in India. We then returned to Montreal and got married in a Quebec court, where we obtained our marriage certificate. Do I need to attach all proof of the ceremonies that took place in India, or can we submit only the marriage certificate from the Quebec court?
Yes submit both ( wedding certificates from Quebec and ritual wedding ceremonies from India with description.
Watch this video to get more information

Rysweb

Oct 22, 2020
Did the AOR come to the sponsor or PA, and were you able to link your application to MyCIC? In my case the Sponsor got an AOR but the PA hasn't received anything yet.
It went to the sponsor’s account. I read in other threads it always goes the sponsor’s inbox.

I can see the progress through the PR tracker so I didnt link it to my IRCC’s account.

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
It went to the sponsor’s account. I read in other threads it always goes the sponsor’s inbox.

I can see the progress through the PR tracker so I didnt link it to my IRCC’s account.
Thanks for your response, that helps... do you know if that email to the sponsor is sufficient for the PA to apply for OWP though ..

Rysweb

Oct 22, 2020
Thanks for your response, that helps... do you know if that email to the sponsor is sufficient for the PA to apply for OWP though ..
I believe so, as there won't be another AOR - what the sponsor receives is the only one to apply for OWP.

I've actually used that to apply for OWP (extension) on May 27 and already received the maintained status letter on May 28.