+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
You don't need to understand if people are in rush or not; or whether they are patient or not. As long as they follow the forum rules.
yeah, well maybe I'm tired of the spam and there is a rule against spam? So many pages are just filled with-
"hey guys ghost update"
"sorry guys not ghost update"
"hey did you get x?"
"hey, I did not get x"
"hey, did you get x"

Half of these messages are from people who have not even waited basic 2-3 business days- even I have posted once or twice extra. Its tiring scrolling so much. Imagine you visit here irregularly, you just want to see dates/updates or maybe ask genuine questions or see answers, but you have to scroll through so many useless messages to find anything of value. And btw, I'm not personally calling out people here- even the previous month pages are like this. I would just want to estimate when my dates could be, but I have to scroll through pages and pages of these useless messages. Imagine you are someone who urgently needs help or is stuck but, your message gets buried by this nonsense.

No one is saying don't post updates or ask questions or support people in need, but must this much useless spam be posted? There is feature called Private messages guys, use it. No one is asking for anything more than basic decency here.

Look at the entitlement some people have here. This is the last I will post of this spam.

I agree, who is this person to tell me how to be? We all have reasons why we’re “impatient”.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I think you should wait a bit more mainly bcos it is paper application. You can also check the excel spreadsheet we use here to track applications to see the trend for other paper applications in May. Some online applications in May have also not received AOR.
With regards to your representatives address, I'm not sure how or why it showed there..
@ceejay132
I received the AOR on Friday. Is this the application tracker link? ( https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en)
I think I may have to wait for few more days before I see any update there.
One more questions, The tracker shows kids status too? I have a an 18 year old and 10 year old in the applicaiton along with me.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
@ceejay132
I received the AOR on Friday. Is this the application tracker link? ( https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en)
I think I may have to wait for few more days before I see any update there.
One more questions, The tracker shows kids status too? I have a an 18 year old and 10 year old in the applicaiton along with me.
Congratulations on the AOR. Yes that is the tracker. Have you been able to log on there? If yes, what you see is all you will see for now... everything will show "in progress" while test and oath will be "not started". It will take a few weeks to see any update there.
I believe every applicant has their own tracker portal using the UCI and applicants number to register even if you submitted as a group or family. However, I have seen in this forum that kids usually don't have updates on their tracker...this may be true for your 10 yrs old. Your 18 years old might have update as that's an "adult". Register for everyone on the tracker and check individually.

Reactions: Cannnada

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Congratulations on the AOR. Yes that is the tracker. Have you been able to log on there? If yes, what you see is all you will see for now... everything will show "in progress" while test and oath will be "not started". It will take a few weeks to see any update there.
I believe every applicant has their own tracker portal using the UCI and applicants number to register even if you submitted as a group or family. However, I have seen in this forum that kids usually don't have updates on their tracker...this may be true for your 10 yrs old. Your 18 years old might have update as that's an "adult". Register for everyone on the tracker and check individually.
Thanks. I have not been able to login. I will try tomorrow and see.
Appreicate your quick response.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Posting on family member's behalf -

How to request fee refund?

1. An online citizenship application was submitted in March 2022 but was determined not to meet physical presence hence returned. Fee receipt was attached with this application.

2. Resubmitted online application in May 2023 after meeting physical presence. Used the fee receipt from March 2022. However, this application was returned as it was determined to be missing information. Reason given was - "You did not pay the fee".

3. Paid fee 1 more time, attached new receipt and resubmitted the application. Waiting for AOR.

Tried to request refund (For March 2022 receipt) using steps online but the system did not allow to complete request.
Got this message -

We can't complete your refund request
We can't process your request because one of our offices is still working on your application.
To request a refund, contact us using our web form instead.

Tried the web form link, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Not sure how to proceed further. Please help.

Last edited:

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020

1. A citizenship application was submitted in March 2022 but was determined not to meet physical presence hence returned. Fee receipt was attached with this application.

2. Resubmitted application in May 2023 after meeting physical presence. Used the fee receipt from March 2022. However, this application was returned as it was determined to be missing information. Reason given was - "You did not pay the fee".

3. Paid fee 1 more time, attached new receipt and resubmitted the application. Waiting for AOR.

Tried to request refund (For March 2022 receipt) using steps online but the system did not allow to complete request.
Got this message -

We can't process your request because one of our offices is still working on your application.

Looks like it's because they did not cancel/withdraw the first application. They only paid again for the new one and requested a refund for the old one. I'm not sure though. Perhaps the file is not yet closed, pending when they resubmit the same application and not the old one.
They should try the webform again. It usually always works... or they should call IRCC as early as 8am Toronto time... also, getting the MP involved may help.
Goodluck

Phema

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015

1. A citizenship application was submitted in March 2022 but was determined not to meet physical presence hence returned. Fee receipt was attached with this application.

2. Resubmitted application in May 2023 after meeting physical presence. Used the fee receipt from March 2022. However, this application was returned as it was determined to be missing information. Reason given was - "You did not pay the fee".

Got this message -

Hello, was the first application in March paper application or online?