+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
I hope you know that physical presence is validated in the end just before oath and you have enough days.
Of course. But evidently they do some sort of pre-AOR check too otherwise you wouldn't see applications getting returned before even getting AOR.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
They sent my application back saying I am missing documents after I received the AOR. It said I don't have enough physical presence days. I have 1862 days in Canada and it was done correctly. Confused as to why would they ask me to update my application after I received my AOR.
Dayum. This is why I hate dealing with IRCC. There's some older post where someone complained to their MP and then someone from Sydney called them on the phone for physical presence-related issue.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Of course. But evidently they do some sort of pre-AOR check too otherwise you wouldn't see applications getting returned before even getting AOR.
Yes mine came back....

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1557
Application: Single
Application sent: 2023-05-16
Delivered: 2023-05-16
AOR: 2023-06-12
IP: 2023-06-15

Sorry, forgot to provide ECAS update earlier

Reactions: Sirius1

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Did you all get PCCs for the 183days spent outside Canada in the past 4 years? I waited to submit ours to ensure we were in Canada for more than 3.5 years so as not to go throught the PCC process, anyone in the same boat?
I just applied in May and I put the PCC I used during my PR application... however, immediately after I received AOR this month, I was asked to send them PCC for that country. At first I thought perhaps they didn't receive it because their reason was "blank or wrong document".. so I resubmitted the same thing immediate. However, after reading some forums, people said it is valid for 1 year and Canada requires a more recent PCC. I immediately requested for a new PCC and got it the next day and send another webform with the new PCC.
I just received the generic confirmation email that it has been received. I called IRCC to be sure but the agent just told me that as long as I got that email, they have received it and when an agent is working on my file, they will upload it to my file.
I also read somewhere a few days ago that you can also explain why you do not need to submit one which I could have done because that was my country of residence for 7 years so apparently I didn't need to get a new PCC if I explained that. You might be lucky not to get a PCC request.

SGN

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Canada
Update:

Application: May 2nd (Group wife & me)
AOR: May 24th
GU: June 16th
Background completed: June 19th (updated June 21st)

SGN

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Canada
I just applied in May and I put the PCC I used during my PR application... however, immediately after I received AOR this month, I was asked to send them PCC for that country. At first I thought perhaps they didn't receive it because their reason was "blank or wrong document".. so I resubmitted the same thing immediate. However, after reading some forums, people said it is valid for 1 year and Canada requires a more recent PCC. I immediately requested for a new PCC and got it the next day and send another webform with the new PCC.
I just received the generic confirmation email that it has been received. I called IRCC to be sure but the agent just told me that as long as I got that email, they have received it and when an agent is working on my file, they will upload it to my file.
I also read somewhere a few days ago that you can also explain why you do not need to submit one which I could have done because that was my country of residence for 7 years so apparently I didn't need to get a new PCC if I explained that. You might be lucky not to get a PCC request.
My Background verfication has been updated to completed today.. hopefully that means we have cleared the PCC requirements...

ivincew

Aug 6, 2014
I just got an update. Background completed.

Online Application: May 3 (Single)
AOR: May 25th (Additional documents required: Passport Copy and passport gap explanation)
GU: June 20
Background completed: June 19th (updated June 21st)

I mailed my additional documents on May 25th and delivered on May 31st but the tracker still shows next step send us additional information. How do I know if they received it?

Last edited:

UXE OVU

Jun 21, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1095
Application: Single
Application sent: 2023-05-22
Delivered: 2023-05-22
AOR: 2023-06-19

Sirius1

Dec 27, 2019
I got my application returned today with error: "You uploaded a foreign ID with your permanent resident card (PR card)."
I used my PR Card as Personal ID1 and the Bio page of my passport as Personal ID2. Apparently, PR can't be used unless the second piece of ID was issued by the Canadian government.

My question; Can I use OHIP card as a Personal ID2 given that It doesn't show the complete name as in the passport? It shows the first, Initial of the middle name, and last name only.

Reactions: Banana woman

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
I got my application returned today with error: "You uploaded a foreign ID with your permanent resident card (PR card)."
I used my PR Card as Personal ID1 and the Bio page of my passport as Personal ID2. Apparently, PR can't be used unless the second piece of ID was issued by the Canadian government.

My question; Can I use OHIP card as a Personal ID2 given that It doesn't show the complete name as in the passport? It shows the first, Initial of the middle name, and last name only.
Yes, you can use your health card