+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2022 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

dhrl118

Oct 19, 2014
Hello
I applied for spousal sponsorship on May , 2022. I received aor in July 2022, medical and biomatrics done sept , 2022. After that i am still waiting for background check to be done , last update on pr tracker says , file was updated last on , dec 02 , 2022.

I need some advice in this situation , what is the best solution ? Should i still keep waiting ? Anyone in same situation here please let me know as well.

Thanks

Last edited:

manasvi_022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-09-2019
Hello
I applied for spousal sponsorship on May , 2022. I received aor in July 2022, medical and biomatrics done sept , 2022. After that i am still waiting for background check to be done , last update on pr tracker says , file was updated last on , dec 02 , 2022.

I need some advice in this situation , what is the best solution ? Should i still keep waiting ? Anyone in same situation here please let me know as well.

Thanks
No need to worry bud. We are May 25th applicant as well. Last updated was Dec.5th. Biometrics, Medicals and Sponsor approval done already. Eligibility in progress since September and Background check says not started yet but GC key says in process.

japnnet

Feb 22, 2023
Hello everyone,
I just need to know for outland sponsorship online application what is the processing time?
Is it 16-18 months?
Or is it 12 months?
I am new to this forum. So is there anyone who has received PPR within 12 months can you please share.
Little help and assistance will be greatly appreciated

Yuv27

May 2, 2022
Hello everyone,
I just need to know for outland sponsorship online application what is the processing time?
Is it 16-18 months?
Or is it 12 months?
I am new to this forum. So is there anyone who has received PPR within 12 months can you please share.
Little help and assistance will be greatly appreciated
It’s 16 months processing time for Outland spousal sponsorship but applicants are getting results with in 12 months as per current trend. There are some WhatsApp group links available in different threads as well as Excel sheet for current trend/ status. You can join it, if needed

japnnet

Feb 22, 2023
My time line is as follows:
Online Application Submitted: April 21, 2022
AOR: Aug 13, 2022
Medical Request: August 18, 2022
Biometric Request:August 18, 2022
Sponsorship Approval:August 18, 2022
Medical and Biometric Completed: August 23, 2022
Medical Passed: September 04, 2022
After that file transferred to New Delhi and
Background and Eligibility in progress
No updates after that

japnnet

Feb 22, 2023
It’s 16 months processing time for Outland spousal sponsorship but applicants are getting results with in 12 months as per current trend. There are some WhatsApp group links available in different threads as well as Excel sheet for current trend/ status. You can join it, if needed

Can you please send a link to the excel sheet please

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
My wife's outland was completed in 6 months. When we applied, the IRCC processing time said 23 months.

amtdmt

Feb 23, 2023
Hi everyone,

Hope you could share some advice or comments on how long it takes to go through this stressful process! We live in the United Kingdom, my husband is a Canadian citizen sponsoring me, and I’m a citizen of Poland.

We applied online (outland spousal sponsorship for PR) on May 1, 2022.
AOR June 29 2022
Spouse eligibility to sponsor Complete July 2022
Biometrics Complete July 2022
Medical Request and Complete July 2022

Nothing since then. No Eligibility or Background progress (Not started) on the PR tracker. No response from IRCC on the web form a couple of times, we don’t even know which visa office is processing it. No document requests, no communication whatsoever.
The thing is, everyone on these forums and the excel spreadsheets seem to have already received a decision and COPR after applying around April/May 2022. Even a close friend who applied with his spouse just before us only waited a few months after the medical to getting their decision. Getting worried as the police certificate and medical expire after 12 months don’t they?

RavJas

Jun 2, 2021
My time line is as follows:
Online Application Submitted: April 21, 2022
AOR: Aug 13, 2022
Medical Request: August 18, 2022
Biometric Request:August 18, 2022
Sponsorship Approval:August 18, 2022
Medical and Biometric Completed: August 23, 2022
Medical Passed: September 04, 2022
After that file transferred to New Delhi and
Background and Eligibility in progress
No updates after that
Hi Japneet,

I am also in the same boat, May 5th applicant outland paper, last pr tracker update was background in process since Jan.03. Nothing has changes since then. Friends of mine applied after our file, Fortunately they have already landed in Canada. IDK what IRCC is doing

melzjose

Feb 9, 2023
Hi Japneet,

I am also in the same boat, May 5th applicant outland paper, last pr tracker update was background in process since Jan.03. Nothing has changes since then. Friends of mine applied after our file, Fortunately they have already landed in Canada. IDK what IRCC is doing
IRCC office in New Delhi is ridiculous. They are pretty slow in processing all the case files.