+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

az210

Aug 6, 2021
Contact the relevant RCMP office and ask them about the status of the fingerprints.
Thanks for your reply! Here is an update for my situation: I received the FP mail by myself and I did not open it, and just sent the FP mail to the office via Canada Post. Canada Post showed the office received the FP on Feb 11, 2022, but the online status tracker showed no updates.

In this case, should I contact the RCMP office or IRCC?

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Thanks for your reply! Here is an update for my situation: I received the FP mail by myself and I did not open it, and just sent the FP mail to the office via Canada Post. Canada Post showed the office received the FP on Feb 11, 2022, but the online status tracker showed no updates.

In this case, should I contact the RCMP office or IRCC?
If that's the case, I believe it is would be best to contact IRCC.

coalhouse_canada

Jun 30, 2016
Thanks! Here's the timeline:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,096
Application: Single
Application sent: May 3, 2021
Delivered: May 3, 2021
AOR: Sep 1, 2021
IP: Sep 2, 2021
Test Invite: Jan 14, 2022
Test Completed: Jan 30, 2022
Language Skills and Prohibitions Completed: Feb 17
Passport Copy Request: Mar 4
Physical Presence Completed: Mar 9
Hello Zabooster - thanks for sharing your timeline. We have a similar timeline and I am also applying from Calgary. I am currently waiting for Physical presence to be marked complete; this will pave way for the next step - oath invitation. Given my extensive travel history, I suspect they will request a copy of my passport too. I am thinking in the interest of time, it may be a good idea for me to get the copies ready right now in case they request them. Can you please confirm how much time you were given to send the copy of your passport? Did you have to use the services of a translator to translate any stamps or a notary service to certify your passport? Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Zabooster

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Hello Zabooster - thanks for sharing your timeline. We have a similar timeline and I am also applying from Calgary. I am currently waiting for Physical presence to be marked complete; this will pave way for the next step - oath invitation. Given my extensive travel history, I suspect they will request a copy of my passport too. I am thinking in the interest of time, it may be a good idea for me to get the copies ready right now in case they request them. Can you please confirm how much time you were given to send the copy of your passport? Did you have to use the services of a translator to translate any stamps or a notary service to certify your passport? Any insights will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks @coalhouse_canada... glad to see another Calgarian on here.
So you are given 21 calendar days from the date of the request to send in the passport copies. The copies requested would be for all passports held within your eligibility period. All pages (including empty ones) are to be scanned.
Translations are required for anything entirely in a language other than English or French. You could either use the services of a translator who is certified in any of the Canadian provinces, or have someone (who is not a family member) translate it and submit an affidavit along with it.
I personally had a lot of Arabic stamps and a few Persian ones. The Arabic ones clearly had Entry/Exit and dates marked in English as well. The Persian ones had dates in Persian and as per the Iranian calendar, so I had to have those (6 in total) translated by a certified professional. It cost me $80 in total, but was done very professionally. I have seen posts in forums saying some translators would do it for $3.5 per stamp, but I didn't bother to shop around as I was completely comfortable with the quote I got.
Sorry for the long reply. I hope that helps!

coalhouse_canada

Jun 30, 2016
Thanks @coalhouse_canada... glad to see another Calgarian on here.
So you are given 21 calendar days from the date of the request to send in the passport copies. The copies requested would be for all passports held within your eligibility period. All pages (including empty ones) are to be scanned.
Translations are required for anything entirely in a language other than English or French. You could either use the services of a translator who is certified in any of the Canadian provinces, or have someone (who is not a family member) translate it and submit an affidavit along with it.
I personally had a lot of Arabic stamps and a few Persian ones. The Arabic ones clearly had Entry/Exit and dates marked in English as well. The Persian ones had dates in Persian and as per the Iranian calendar, so I had to have those (6 in total) translated by a certified professional. It cost me $80 in total, but was done very professionally. I have seen posts in forums saying some translators would do it for $3.5 per stamp, but I didn't bother to shop around as I was completely comfortable with the quote I got.
Sorry for the long reply. I hope that helps!
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. This is very helpful information. Can you please point me to the translation company/service you used? Was all your interaction with the service online or did you have to physically take the passports to them as well? Finally, how long did it take them to complete their work for you? I have a bunch of non-english stamps as well (Dubai, brazil, China, etc.), Thanks in advance.

Zabooster

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. This is very helpful information. Can you please point me to the translation company/service you used? Was all your interaction with the service online or did you have to physically take the passports to them as well? Finally, how long did it take them to complete their work for you? I have a bunch of non-english stamps as well (Dubai, brazil, China, etc.), Thanks in advance.
My pleasure bud! So the company I used specializes in Farsi translations only. The process took one working day and was completely online. They asked for scanned copies of the bio page (which they also translated without me asking them to) and the pages with the stamps in question.
If you do a search online for translation companies, you should be able to find one locally in Calgary, or online in any other city/province I suppose. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: coalhouse_canada

CLCR4025

Jul 10, 2015
For tracker update, still waiting for Test invitie.

Please update:
Paper Application
App sent: May 3rd
Delivered: May 4th
AOR: Aug 3rd
In process: June 23rd
Background Verification Completed: Sep 23rd

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022

Please update:
Paper Application
Single or family application and which office?

Booboo

Aug 3, 2016
I need to write my test soon.. any advice guys.. just worried I might failed it because it doesn't matter how hard I review it feels like nothing is syncing into my brain

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I need to write my test soon.. any advice guys.. just worried I might failed it because it doesn't matter how hard I review it feels like nothing is syncing into my brain
Do you take notes? The only way things works for me is when I write down all the information I find pertinently even tho I won’t use tbe notes after lol I had 11 pages of notes hahaha

Hushus

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

Please update:
Paper Application
Hi,

Did you get the date for in process status through ECAS?

aquafinabb

Jul 4, 2018
Hi,
Can my information be added to the tracker.
Thank You

Type: Online
Processing Office: Niagara Falls IRCC
Physical Presence Days: 1,110
Application: Single
Application sent: May 28, 2021
Delivered: May 28, 2021
AOR: September 7, 2021
Background Check Completed: January 26, 2022
Test window: January 31, 2022 to February 20, 2022
Test taken: Feb 1, 2022
Citizenship test completed: February 3, 2022
Prohibitions, Language, Physical Presence: In progress
Citizenship Ceremony (In Progress): Not started

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
The test is very easy, as long as you've read the book you'll be able to relate the questions to the correct multiple choice. Just stay calm and read the questions thoroughly.

I'd say skim through the book one last time right before you take the test. All the best and there's nothing to be worried about.

Last edited:

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I have a question please! Is everyone get the request for fingerprints?

I didn’t get any request for fingerprints for citizenship, my background check still says in progress!
I was requested fingerprints when I did my permanent residency! Would they request it again or not necessarily?
Now I’m worried about my background check being still in progress because they might be waiting for the fingerprints which I never received an email for it!

So far my timeline is:
Applied May 18th 2021
AOR September 1st 2021
Test done Feb 1st
Tracker updated for test completed Feb 2nd
Everything else is still in progress!
Please I need to hear from people who didn't have their fingerprints requested during citizenship! Thank you

Ps: I also ordered the notes 2 days ago.