+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Dr Hammer

Dec 10, 2021
Looks like Montreal Office is very slow now.
I did test on Dec. 17 and was requested for FP on Dec. 30. FP done on Dec. 31, and RCMP mailed it to Montreal office on Jan. 7; Montreal Office received in on Jan. 17th (I received a second copy myself on Jan. 17 and BG is clear). I got an update on tracker on Jan. 21. But, nothing changed there. Almost two month from FP done and BG is not complete.
Anybody know, what an update on the tracker with no change mean? Is it just saying that they received the document and will look it in future? Or, there might be other steps between FP done and BGC.

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
How do we know which office it is being processed in? I sent mine paper based to Sydney office but I live in Vancouver. Would it be processed by Vancouver office in this case?

UPA

Apr 17, 2017
Looks like Montreal Office is very slow now.
I did test on Dec. 17 and was requested for FP on Dec. 30. FP done on Dec. 31, and RCMP mailed it to Montreal office on Jan. 7; Montreal Office received in on Jan. 17th (I received a second copy myself on Jan. 17 and BG is clear). I got an update on tracker on Jan. 21. But, nothing changed there. Almost two month from FP done and BG is not complete.
Anybody know, what an update on the tracker with no change mean? Is it just saying that they received the document and will look it in future? Or, there might be other steps between FP done and BGC.
I feel the same way, Montreal office seam to have slowed down. My application is stuck at bg check complete since Jan20 as well. :S

Reactions: Dr Hammer

patri.egea

May 22, 2021
February 17th: Language skills and prohibitions updated to completed. Physical presence still in progress. Anyone ever faced this?
Just checked my tracker and Language Skills and Prohibitions were updated to completed as of February 22 but Physical presence still in progress. Did yours change yet?

I wonder if this another technical issue like we had with the test.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Zabooster

tanukisaint

Jun 21, 2021
Just checked my tracker and Language Skills and Prohibitions were updated to completed as of February 22 but Physical presence still in progress. Did yours change yet?

My brother's case, who also had the same initial test dates + test rescheduling as you and @Zabooster, also received an update yesterday. Same as yours, his Language Skills and Prohibitions have been updated to complete but Physical Presence is still in progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zabooster

Zabooster

Star Member
May 17, 2021

Mine still hasn't changed. Hopefully soon :)

Last edited:

Zabooster

Star Member
May 17, 2021
My brother's case, who also had the same initial test dates + test rescheduling as you and @Zabooster, also received an update yesterday. Same as yours, his Language Skills and Prohibitions have been updated to complete but Physical Presence is still in progress.
Good to know we are not the only ones then. Hopefully some procedural glitch that they will fix :)

Reactions: tanukisaint

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hi May 2021 applicants,

Application type: online (single)
May 23, 2021: Application date
September 3, 2021: AOR
January 19, 2022: FP request
January 26, 2022: Test Invitation
February 3, 2022: Test status updated to "complete"
February 15, 2022: FP results received by IRCC
February 16, 2022: Background check status updated to "complete"

However, prohibitions, language skills, and physical presence are still listed as "in progress". Does the latter suggest that I may have to attend an interview in order for these three items to be set to complete?

I'm sorry in advance everyone. I know I've asked this question before, but interviews are anxiety-inducing and waiting has become intolerable.

Thanks.
No need to apologize, this scenario doesn't necessarily mean you will be asked for an interview. I am in a similar situation and waiting for the next step.

I guess we need to do the only thing we can do now, that is have patience.

Lordnath

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
Update!!!
-
Type: Online Application
Processing Office: SCR
Physical Presence Days: 1,135
Application: Single
Application sent: May 12, 2021
Delivered: May 12, 2021
AOR: Aug 31, 2021
Background Check Completed: Dec 22, 2021
Citizenship test (In Progress): Jan 7, 2022
Test window: Between Jan 14, 2022 and Feb 3, 2022
Test taken: Jan 14, 2022
Citizenship test completed: Jan 17, 2022
Prohibitions, Language, Physical Prescence (Completed): February 24, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

iSimran

Star Member
May 20, 2021
Hi anyone one k ow what is the estimate to receive test after background check it’s been a month no update. Paper application!!