+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Hamilton17

Feb 9, 2022
Hello folks,
I got my confirmation email on May2021. But so far, nothing has changed in my account. It still shows in process. I applied with mail for family of four from Hamilton. I really appreciate any recommendations. Thanks

TGBeau

May 1, 2017
Passed the test today

FYI I never got any emails about taking the test. I just kept checking my account every day for updates
I am glad I saw your response, I still don't have an email to do the test and it expires this week. I guess I'll just get it done with since I already prepared for it.

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
My husband and I just received our Oath invites (hurray!)

Wondered if anyone knows how to attend the Zoom call for joint applicants. The instructions say:

enter your seat number instead of your name when connecting to Zoom

But it also says:

Appear on the same device as your family members, if applicable and possible.

We have different seat numbers. So do I perhaps write "Seat #... and Seat #..." as the Zoom name? Thanks in advance!

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
My husband and I just received our Oath invites (hurray!)

Wondered if anyone knows how to attend the Zoom call for joint applicants. The instructions say:

enter your seat number instead of your name when connecting to Zoom

But it also says:

Appear on the same device as your family members, if applicable and possible.

We have different seat numbers. So do I perhaps write "Seat #... and Seat #..." as the Zoom name? Thanks in advance!
Congratulations.. can you please share your timeline? Was it online app?

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
No it was paper, when we applied it was not allowed to do a family application online (maybe that changed now). Don't have the exact timeline to hand but my application was delivered end of May, AOR was sometime early September, took the test in December.

Reactions: svk1520

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
No it was paper, when we applied it was not allowed to do a family application online (maybe that changed now). Don't have the exact timeline to hand but my application was delivered end of May, AOR was sometime early September, took the test in December.
Thanks! Which office? And was your test date early December?

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
You both can join in same laptop, even if u join in separate laptop they will ask you to join in one laptop.. this is as per experience shared by a candidate here in the forum

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Thanks! Any thought how to enter the seat number in this case?

Mid December, and Scarborough
I would say enter both the seat number as you mentioned. In any case be sure to inform the Clerk that you two are separate applicants to avoid any confusion. Do not worry - all will be fine, you have finally reached the last step so relax and just have peace of mind for next 1 month

Reactions: VickiC

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi May 2021 applicants,

Application type: online (single)
Application date: May 23, 2021
AOR: September 3
FP Request: January 19, 2022
Test invite: January 26, 2022

My test status has been updated to completed in the tracker since February 3, 2022. However, my language skills are still showing as "in progress" even though I got 19/20 in the test and provided a Master's Degree from a Canadian university along with my application.

Is this normal? Shouldn't my language skills be updated to complete now that I've passed the test? I've come across several cases on this forum where people's language skills had been set to complete right after finishing the test. By the looks of it, I should expect an interview soon...

Any input would be appreciated.

gsbanwait17

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Hi May 2021 applicants,

My test status has been updated to completed in the tracker since February 3, 2022. However, my language skills are still showing as "in progress" even though I got 19/20 in the test and provided a Master's Degree from a Canadian university along with my application.

Is this normal? Shouldn't my language skills be updated to complete now that I've passed the test? I've come across several cases on this forum where people's language skills had been set to complete right after finishing the test. By the looks of it, I should expect an interview soon...

I am in the same situation

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hi May 2021 applicants,

Similar situation in terms of education + also submitted my IELTS, degree certificate and transcript + WES docs that I had submitted during my PR application. Have all applicants historically been called for an interview (trend wise) if language requirements weren't set to complete post test?
@harirajmohan and @rajkamalmohanram - would be great if you could provide insight?

patri.egea

May 22, 2021
Hi May 2021 applicants,

I don't think language skills completed have anything to do with the test completion. Applicants are getting language/prohibitions/presence marked as completed 1 or 2 months after the test is marked completed.

Hopefully it doesn't take that long though , I am in the same situation as you.

Reactions: katana.b