+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

dpr

Sep 8, 2015
Hello fellow wannabe Canada Citizens,
Our family filed Citizenship paper applications in May 2021 last year, received AOR July 12 and the application has not moved at all except an update yesterday that background verification is complete. Is this normal waiting time? Our local office is Mississauga.
Another question- we renewed our PR cards after filing the citizenship application and receiving AOR. Should we upload new PR cards and update our new PR card information for our citizenship application? In that case, where do we do that?
TIA for your inputs, DPR

Reactions: shahab ali

UPA

Apr 17, 2017
Hi Guys, if anyone has CIC number please let me know. Wanted to get an update on something I had submitted. Thanks.

abhi84712

Dec 8, 2021
Hi Guys, if anyone has CIC number please let me know. Wanted to get an update on something I had submitted. Thanks.
1-888-242-2100

1. Press 1 for English
2. Enter your UCI followed by #
3. Long automated message, let it play to the end until you are prompted to select an option. Do not disconnect even if it tells you to.
4. Press 1 for an existing application
5. Press 1 to check on the status
6. Press 4 for citizenship

I hope this helps.

UPA

Apr 17, 2017
1-888-242-2100

1. Press 1 for English
2. Enter your UCI followed by #
3. Long automated message, let it play to the end until you are prompted to select an option. Do not disconnect even if it tells you to.
4. Press 1 for an existing application
5. Press 1 to check on the status
6. Press 4 for citizenship

I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot. Much appreciated :)

Reactions: abhi84712

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I called the IRCC number today to get an update on the application. All good and the application is in process. But after the call - just 5 minutes ago I got this email.

Please do not reply to this email.
Protected A
Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

Citizenship - Urgent cases
We can process applications for citizenship urgently in some cases.
If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the applicable instructions:​

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.
*If you have already submitted an application for a search of citizenship records, to resume or to renounce your Canadian citizenship, when filling out the Web form, please:
  • Select:
    • Citizenship from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry, and
    • Citizenship - Grant from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry (continued),
  • Include a detailed description of the required updates in the free-text box located under Your enquiry.

There are free services for immigrants to Canada. These services include:​
  • Language assessments and classes,
  • Help finding a job,
  • Help with daily life (i.e., finding a place to live, filling out forms and applications, etc.), and
  • Information about community services (i.e., mentoring).

To find an organization near them, your constituent may select the province or territory in which they live from the list below:​

Free newcomer services in your area
Friendly and experienced settlement professionals can help you feel at home in Canada.
These free services include:​
  • Language assessments and training,
  • Help finding a job,
  • Help with daily life,
  • Services for refugees,
  • Etc.

For more information on newcomer services in your area, we invite you to consult our website.​

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you:​

Thank you,

Agent #
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Note: The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages.​

Not sure if this was sent in error? I've called them before as well but never received any emails from them after.

Thoughts?
Anyone have insight into this?

vennat19

Mar 22, 2019
Hi everyone, how long does it take after everything has been marked as "COMPLETED" except the Citizenship Ceremony (Not started) to receive the Oath letter?

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I called the IRCC number yesterday to get an update on the application. All good and the application is in process. But 5 after minutes after the call, I got an email from them stating 'protected A thank you for contacting us' with general information about citizenship applications.

Not sure if this was sent in error? I've called them before but never received any emails from them after.

Thoughts?