App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
I just completed my test and passed. It was pretty easy. The only tricky part was photo of the ID. I took some 10 times before I approved it. I was still not happy with the clarity of the photo. Hope they are happy with that.

Reactions: Wandering Mind
May 30, 2017
Need help! I saw an update on my profile where I have been asked to take the online test between Jan 21- Feb 10. However I have not received formal invite over email.
1) When is it expected to receive a formal invite over email?
2) I am outside Canada and hence will be giving test from outside. How do I notify Immigration that I want to give the test from outside? I read that I have to email them with the subject "Outside Canada" on the email ID mentioned under the "Eligibility" section of the invite. So I can notify Immigration only after receiving invite? I am afraid what if I do not receive an invite on time?

Reactions: mpreetsingh

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Need help! I saw an update on my profile where I have been asked to take the online test between Jan 21- Feb 10. However I have not received formal invite over email.
1) When is it expected to receive a formal invite over email?
2) I am outside Canada and hence will be giving test from outside. How do I notify Immigration that I want to give the test from outside? I read that I have to email them with the subject "Outside Canada" on the email ID mentioned under the "Eligibility" section of the invite. So I can notify Immigration only after receiving invite? I am afraid what if I do not receive an invite on time?
1) Usually two/three days before the test start date.
2) The invitation email will instruct you to send them an email, and then they will reply you with an email saying that they acknowledge your situation and let you do the test.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Congrats. Thanks..was it easy. Did you got qny dates questions.
It was very easy. Dont worry. I just read the Discover Canada book once yday.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

adam1019

Feb 27, 2019
Can someone please explain what it means when I get a first ghost update on Jan 10 and then another one on Jan 12 but with everything still in progress? No update on anything yet till now? Is this normal?
Can someone please answer me? I still haven’t had any updates

abhi84712

Dec 8, 2021
Hello everyone,

So these are my updates:

Decision made: 22Dec
Oath ceremony: 13 January

Thank you all and good luck to everyone.
Congratulations!! Which local visa office did you have your oath with? And when did you get your oath invite on tracker and in email? Thanks

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Can someone please answer me? I still haven’t had any updates
Hi Adam,

I haven't received any "ghost updates" so far so I'm not speaking from experience. But what I've heard in the threads on this forum is that "ghost updates" are simply an indication that someone at IRCC may have opened your file. This doesn't necessarily mean that every time you see a "ghost update" there will be an actual update on your file.

Rest assured, someone is definitely giving some attention to your application even if you're not getting the updates you're expecting.

Good luck, hope you get an actual update soon!

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Online application | Location: Toronto
Physical Presence Days: 1100+ | Application: Single
Application sent: May 14, 2021 Delivered: May 14, 2021

AOR: Received on Aug 30, 2021
BG Verification complete: Dec 21st
Test invite update on tracker: Jan 10th | Test Invite email received : Jan 12
Test Window: Jan 14 - Feb 3 | Test completed Jan 14.

**NEW**
Test completed status on tracker : Jan 17