+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Dr Hammer

Dec 10, 2021
Three scenarios:

1. To ensure that RCMP has sent the FP, provide your address to receive the clearance from RCMP. This way you can personally send the clearance from RCMP to IRCC with a tracking number.

-Or-

2. Once the FP are submitted to RCMP, the only way you can ensure that IRCC has received fingerprints is to wait for BG to be completed.

-Or-
3. If after a few weeks background check hasn't been completed you can reach out to RCMP with your DCN and follow up on your FP request.

If my BG isn't completed in a month's time I plan to do the FP again and have RCMP send it over to me and then mail it (tracking) to IRCC.
[/QU
How can we ensure that RCMP has forwarded the results from FP request to immigration office? Or should I just wait for BGC to be completed and hope that RCMP has done its part?
How can we ensure that RCMP has forwarded the results from FP request to immigration office? Or should I just wait for BGC to be completed and hope that RCMP has done its part?
Edmonton Local police suggested to do two fingerprints at the same time. One for IRCC and one for myself. They said in that case I can get an understanding of when it is done and mailed by RCMP. So, what I did was to pay an extra $15 to have two fingerprint done (in local Edmonton police). One finger print was $50 and two were $65. One will go to RCMP and then IRCC. The other will go to RCMP and then my HOME. When I see my copy in my mail box I know that RCMP did the job and IRCC also got it. There is also an RCMP email to check why it is late. But they said that I need to email them if they are 5 weeks late.

patri.egea

May 22, 2021
Hey guys! wow I can't believe I'm back in this forum after my PR.
Anyways, I applied online for my citizenship on May 18th 2021 and
the only update I have on tracker is Sep 1st "Application filed". Everything shows in Process.

I live in Quebec province and I don't have anybody else in the process with me.

Anybody who applied next to me still waiting to do the test?

Ps: is tracker the only one to see updates? I can't remember what Ecas means lol
I applied May 20 and same, no updates since AOR. It seems hit or miss, some people that applied after us are ahead but some are still waiting. Hopefully we hear soon.

The old ecas does not work for online applications so the tracker is the only way

Reactions: gabrielasqs

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
That is great to know. I had no idea about simultaneous request. I will check with my local RCMP if they can add to my original request.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hey guys! wow I can't believe I'm back in this forum after my PR.
Anyways, I applied online for my citizenship on May 18th 2021 and
the only update I have on tracker is Sep 1st "Application filed". Everything shows in Process.

I live in Quebec province and I don't have anybody else in the process with me.

Anybody who applied next to me still waiting to do the test?

Ps: is tracker the only one to see updates? I can't remember what Ecas means lol
Welcome back, I guess! All the best with your process.
  • IRCC New Tracking tool for application status - to see the application status, gives a breakdown of each step.
  • Old ECAS Tool - Client Application Status - Status updates but in a different format. Lacks a bit of transparency on what has been completed and what is pending.

Reactions: gabrielasqs

Jejemar

Jan 7, 2022
Hello Everyone ,
Got a question submitted a Citizenship application in May and Got the AOR in July . I have the background check status as completed but never was asked for FPs it has been sitting as completed since Sept . All other categories are in process. Does that mean that they really did my back ground check or should i be waiting for a letter about finger prints . Also how long does the other categories usually take
Thank you

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
How long does it usually take after giving your test to receive Oath ceremony?
Can't really predict, a few months after everything is completed in new tracker.

Hello Everyone ,
Got a question submitted a Citizenship application in May and Got the AOR in July . I have the background check status as completed but never was asked for FPs it has been sitting as completed since Sept . All other categories are in process. Does that mean that they really did my back ground check or should i be waiting for a letter about finger prints . Also how long does the other categories usually take
Thank you
Your background check is completed. They won't request you for fingerprints.

quick update - I got scheduled for Oath on Jan 22nd. No email yet.
Congratulations! Updated the spreadsheet. Let us know when you receive the invitation email.

Nish2020

Oct 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I received AOR back in April 2021. Paper based application.

I checked the tracker and everything is in progress. For citizenship test it says not started. But I don’t see any email yet for the invitation, neither any update on the online tracker.
Just checking anyone else in same situation.

thank you

abhi84712

Dec 8, 2021
new updates always shows up in the morning. mine came in today.
Do the updates come on Saturdays? Since the updates show up quite early in the morning, I think the changes are made the previous day and the systems are updated during the night, with changes visible in the early morning.