+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
It's been quiet here today. Nobody got any new updates today?
been checking regularly but no update since AOR.
Online application. First sent in on Dec 18 2020, was asked to resubmit fee receipt and therefore resubmitted online on May 14. In retrospect, had I send in my application by paper in Dec, I'd be done by now

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Online application. First sent in on Dec 18 2020, was asked to resubmit fee receipt and therefore resubmitted online on May 14. In retrospect, had I send in my application by paper in Dec, I'd be done by now
I completely understand, this uncertainty is terrible. My spouse's application was sent in Nov 2020 and up until now only Background check is completed and that too was in August. Since then its been a monstrous silence.

Looking at the recent May online applicants, I hope you will soon get a test invite.

Reactions: asing711

momieva

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
If I had followed this forum before submitting my application I won’t have submitted online. One will think online application will at faster or at least they process First In First Out but it seems they don’t even have a clue of what exactly they are doing. But we don’t have a choice other than to wait

momieva

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
I submitted on May 2 and no update yet so I don’t think they are on the second week. They are just processing applications with no particular pattern

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
when AORs were issued it seems like a lot of people received them on Aug 30/31. Is there a trend on such a 'bulk processing' for next steps?

Hushus

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Well, it seems that the pattern would suggest that they process according to submitted/received dates with some irregularities. They start with paper application then mid month (submission/received) they would shift to processing online applications.

Reactions: asing711

momieva

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
Same here submitted online application on May 1st. received aor on Aug 26th and zero updates so far.
it’s really weird how exactly they are processing these applications and why they decided to introduce online applications in the first place when it’s not making any sense. applications are submitted online and one gets a confirmation immediately. Then they stay there for almost 4 months without no one attending to them. Anyway it’s a waiting game so we wait

Reactions: baimmeb