+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Vostro20

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Category........
Ghost update on my online tracker this morning. But nothing changed in terms of status.
I’m row 100 in May 2021 tab.
Check your old ECAS, you can see right there that they started processing your application. That's might be the update.

sinou3939

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
How do you guys know if there is a ghost update?
As I understand it, it’s when the last updated date on your application has changed, but nothing else about the status of the application has changed.
In my case, the tracker used to say:
Updated: August 30, 2021
Since this morning, it says:
Updated: November 29, 2021
Nothing else about my app (at least what I can see) has changed.
The hypothesis on the forum here is that this type of ‘ghost update’ usually means that IRCC might have started working on your application.

momieva

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
As I understand it, it’s when the last updated date on your application has changed, but nothing else about the status of the application has changed.
In my case, the tracker used to say:
Updated: August 30, 2021
Since this morning, it says:
Updated: November 29, 2021
Nothing else about my app (at least what I can see) has changed.
The hypothesis on the forum here is that this type of ‘ghost update’ usually means that IRCC might have started working on your application.
Oh i see. Definitely it will mean that the IRCC has worked on something lately on your application. There is no other logical explanation. Thanks

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Check your old ECAS, you can see right there that they started processing your application. That's might be the update.
I submitted my application online and my online tracker recently had a ghost update however I still don’t see my application on ecas. Probably online applications do not get updated on ecas.

Reactions: baimmeb

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
I submitted my application online and my online tracker recently had a ghost update however I still don’t see my application on ecas. Probably online applications do not get updated on ecas.
I had another ghost update today and still no changes in the online tracker status. Did anyone else observe two simultaneous ghost updates on their online tracker?

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
I just logged in to the tracker again and i can see another ghost update. So 2 ghost updates for me till now (25th and 30th November)