+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Grateful2Canada

Aug 14, 2021
Guys my application is still in progress and my BG check is still in progress also

BUT

I noticed at the left upper top corner that my application (last updated) date has changed to 26th of october ? Does this means somthing? It was september 10th a couple of days ago?

I’m not sure if this means my application is moving although everything is still in progress including the BG check
Could this be the “ghost update” that everyone talks about?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Could this be the “ghost update” that everyone talks about?
There are ghosts involved now
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is the only thing missing we need with this ever amusing application :D

raomubarak

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Visa Officer RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC, RPRF sent on 08-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2015
That is how it works, you get AOR first and usually in about 30-45 days the status updates to in process on ECAS. You won’t see any update on the new tracking system until either your background check is completed or FP request is sent out. Hope this helps.
When they send finger print request; nothing changes on tracker. It remains same “in process”

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
When they send finger print request; nothing changes on tracker. It remains same “in process”
Yes the status remains in process but the application history section of the tracker is updated saying an email has been sent with instructions on how to submit fingerprints.

raomubarak

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Visa Officer RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC, RPRF sent on 08-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2015
Yes the status remains in process but the application history section of the tracker is updated saying an email has been sent with instructions on how to submit fingerprints.
At least in my case, there's nothing such update.
I received Finger print request on 13th October and done finger print on 19th but till now there's nothing such in "Application History". It still says Application Filled:
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Last edited:

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Hey guys,
My application status on ECAS changed to In Process as of today (Oct 27). Citizenship Tracker has no change, showing In Process since I received AOR on Sep 7.
Did you apply online or paper? I have my AOR from Aug 30. Online application - seems to have gone into a black hole

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
I don’t see any April or May online applicants receiving test invites so far. Only some movements for paper applicants. Looks like it is stuck in March. Any predictions on when they are likely to get to May online applicants?
I have the same question. While it is reassuring to know I'm not alone in my wait, I hope this starts to move soon now

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Guys my application is still in progress and my BG check is still in progress also

BUT

I noticed at the left upper top corner that my application (last updated) date has changed to 26th of october ? Does this means somthing? It was september 10th a couple of days ago?

I’m not sure if this means my application is moving although everything is still in progress including the BG check
Did you apply online or paper?

Zabooster

Star Member
May 17, 2021
I don’t see any April or May online applicants receiving test invites so far. Only some movements for paper applicants. Looks like it is stuck in March. Any predictions on when they are likely to get to May online applicants?
Two April online applicants on the tracker have already received their test invites. I'm hoping many of us would have ours before Christmas (wild assumption - no basis but the speed of online application execution across different months).

Ahmad3253

Nov 20, 2018
Two April online applicants on the tracker have already received their test invites. I'm hoping many of us would have ours before Christmas (wild assumption - no basis but the speed of online application execution across different months).
It took a long time to get AOR, hopefully the process gets going soon.

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
That is encouraging. Those 2 cases seem to be from Winnipeg / Grand Prairies. Hopefully location isn't a hinderance for others in busy offices. Also, I'm hoping (with no basis other than optimism) that there are people like us whose cases are moving but are not reflected on the spreadsheet

singcan

May 1, 2021
That is encouraging. Those 2 cases seem to be from Winnipeg / Grand Prairies. Hopefully location isn't a hinderance for others in busy offices. Also, I'm hoping (with no basis other than optimism) that there are people like us whose cases are moving but are not reflected on the spreadsheet
Yeah, that's what I thought so, too. Maybe people are not actively updating the spreadsheet.