+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

wink

May 25, 2021
Just an update :D, I called the IRCC yesterday, and they answered :D. I asked them to put my email address in my application and resend me the AOR. I got the AOR copy today and was able to register on the new tracker. Thank u for ur help
Lesson here is not to leave the email address field in the application empty. In fact application validation should fail and force people to provide an email address if they don't have plan to notifiy the applicants over snail mail. For some reason Application number is not shown in ECAS. If they could do that at least, it would be helpful. Not sure what what is the idea behind having two places (status tracker and ECAS).

HTD

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Received AOR , Aug 31st 2021 , please upload tracker . thank you

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1502.5
Application: Single
Application sent: May 3rd 2021
Delivered: May 3rd 2021
AOR: 31 Aug 2021

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea how long they are taking to reply to webforms. Thank you

UPA

Apr 17, 2017
Application changed to 'In Process' in ECAS on 09/17/2021. Please update.

Thank you.
Hi, I have the same issue, it says my UCI or App# is invalid whenever I try to check status on ECAS. Did you have to contact them or did it work after few weeks? I applied online. Thanks.

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi, I have the same issue, it says my UCI or App# is invalid whenever I try to check status on ECAS. Did you have to contact them or did it work after few weeks? I applied online. Thanks.
Just try after couple of days. You don't need to call them.

Reactions: UPA

EGY2017

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
I have an update on ECAS, my Application changed from Application Received to In Process on 09/20/2021.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I just got an email from IRCC that: "In our records, we cannot confirm your time in Canada before you became a permanent resident (PR)". So now I need to upload the presence calculator again (online application).

I need some help making sure I'm doing this right, so I'd appreciate any help! My situation is that I came to Canada with a visitor visa, then got a work permit and then my PR. I was also in Canada for a couple of months just as a visitor a year before that, which is still within my 5 year window so I'd added that too. My presence calculator looks something like this:

List time with Canadian temporary residence:
1. Time of my first visit - status: visitor
2. Time when I moved to Canada - status: visitor
3. The day I got my work permit to the day I got PR - status: Temporary resident permit holder (is this the right status for Open Work Permit? I checked before applying and saw other people using that for OWP)

Absence from Canada:
All my travel after I became PR. I haven't listed my time outside Canada before that, because technically I didn't have any status. When I had a visitor visa, I only had status when I was in Canada.

I'm going to fill out another presence calculator, and since it's been a few months I now have the minimum number of days without my time as a visitor (just PR + work permit will be more than 1095 days). But I want to make sure I'm filling the calculator right.
If anyone had a similar situation, did you add any other documents? e.g copy of work permit, or stamps in passport? The online application didn't ask for any of that so I didn't have them, but I'm planning on including them now

Slowmoving

Star Member
May 13, 2021
I just got an email from IRCC that: "In our records, we cannot confirm your time in Canada before you became a permanent resident (PR)". So now I need to upload the presence calculator again (online application).

I need some help making sure I'm doing this right, so I'd appreciate any help! My situation is that I came to Canada with a visitor visa, then got a work permit and then my PR. I was also in Canada for a couple of months just as a visitor a year before that, which is still within my 5 year window so I'd added that too. My presence calculator looks something like this:

List time with Canadian temporary residence:
1. Time of my first visit - status: visitor
2. Time when I moved to Canada - status: visitor
3. The day I got my work permit to the day I got PR - status: Temporary resident permit holder (is this the right status for Open Work Permit? I checked before applying and saw other people using that for OWP)

Absence from Canada:
All my travel after I became PR. I haven't listed my time outside Canada before that, because technically I didn't have any status. When I had a visitor visa, I only had status when I was in Canada.

I'm going to fill out another presence calculator, and since it's been a few months I now have the minimum number of days without my time as a visitor (just PR + work permit will be more than 1095 days). But I want to make sure I'm filling the calculator right.
If anyone had a similar situation, did you add any other documents? e.g copy of work permit, or stamps in passport? The online application didn't ask for any of that so I didn't have them, but I'm planning on including them now
Does visitor and work permit time count towards the 1095 days?

Grateful2Canada

Aug 14, 2021
Yeah visitor status counts, but as half a day and up to (I think) a year.
Unfortunately, not correct. Time in Canada as a visitor does not count towards physical presence. Only time spent in Canada as a temporary resident (in possession of a work permit, study permit or protected person sta) & as a permanent resident counts towards physical presence.
Time as a temporary resident counts as half a day while time as a permanent resident counts as a full day.
If you didn’t have a temporary resident status (as a worker, student or protected person) in the years prior to you obtaining your PR, then you would have to wait 3 years after PR to apply for citizenship.

sinou3939

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Unfortunately, not correct. Time in Canada as a visitor does not count towards physical presence. Only time spent in Canada as a temporary resident (in possession of a work permit, study permit or protected person sta) & as a permanent resident counts towards physical presence.
Time as a temporary resident counts as half a day while time as a permanent resident counts as a full day.
If you didn’t have a temporary resident status (as a worker, student or protected person) in the years prior to you obtaining your PR, then you would have to wait 3 years after PR to apply for citizenship.
Time as a visitor can be counted as half a day for every day present in Canada for up to 365 days towards physical presence within the 5 year period.

The bigger problem I see with these types of questions is that the original poster of the question could easily get this information by googling: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0407e-2.pdf

Please do your due diligence about these questions and let’s not spread inaccurate information in the forum and misinform each other in the forum.

Reactions: Baharm

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I should have used a link in my response as reference.
Here's one:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/residence/calculate-physical-presence.html
Where visitor is explicitly listed, along the other categories you mentioned. Even in the presence calculator you can see visitor listed explicitly.

Do you have a reference that suggests otherwise?