+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

thaikashaikh

Nov 12, 2016
Hi All,

I applied for my citizensip on May 2021, with test status completed on Jul 04th, my last updated in the tracker was July 5th but since the last couple of days I have being receiving ghost update one on August 30th, August 31st and September 1st respectively. In the tracker my citizenship test is complete other than that everything is In progress, with oath ceremony not started. Am not sure what the ghost updates mean. For better context, I had applied for my GMCS notes under ATIP and privacy act, not sure if retreival of the information for providing me the report for which I am awaiting caused the updated date to change. In short, it has left me confused and anxious. Anybody have any replies to my query please would be appreciated. Thanking you

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hi All,

I applied for my citizensip on May 2021, with test status completed on Jul 04th, my last updated in the tracker was July 5th but since the last couple of days I have being receiving ghost update one on August 30th, August 31st and September 1st respectively. In the tracker my citizenship test is complete other than that everything is In progress, with oath ceremony not started. Am not sure what the ghost updates mean. For better context, I had applied for my GMCS notes under ATIP and privacy act, not sure if retreival of the information for providing me the report for which I am awaiting caused the updated date to change. In short, it has left me confused and anxious. Anybody have any replies to my query please would be appreciated. Thanking you
During my process I requested my ATIP twice and every time I always received an update right after.
If everything is showing in progress for you then I believe it’s just a matter of days to have everything completed and get the oath invitation. I’m in Montreal and I received the email for Oath from Saskatchewan’s office, so keep your eye out for the email right after your tracker changes to complete!

nibharad

Dec 15, 2019
Hi All,

I ordered GCMS notes and it was generated around 12th Aug. I had a similar situation as yourself where there was a ghost update. Apparently, they did a criminal check and maybe thats done once a year in the 27 month processing window.

thaikashaikh

Nov 12, 2016
i got my background check marked as completed. It Was marked complete on 2nd September which was updated on 5th September. I had 3 ghost updates if we allocate 1 of it for this. Hope i have another 2 completed status just fingers crossed

I ordered GCMS notes and it was generated around 12th Aug. I had a similar situation as yourself where there was a ghost update. Apparently, they did a criminal check and maybe thats done once a year in the 27 month processing window.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
During my process I requested my ATIP twice and every time I always received an update right after.
If everything is showing in progress for you then I believe it’s just a matter of days to have everything completed and get the oath invitation. I’m in Montreal and I received the email for Oath from Saskatchewan’s office, so keep your eye out for the email right after your tracker changes to complete!
Have you received your certificate yet?

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
All conditions are now green lit apart from the citizenship ceremony, Great surprise to wake up to. Decision made now showing on the online services screen. Patiently waiting the citizenship date letter. Please can line 134 Roderick on the spreadsheet be updated 19th Aug to decision made, Thanks

Reactions: DEEP2022