+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

danielvalenca

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Guys, I received the invitation to take my oath ceremony on September 27, however, I have a trip booked for October 8. Does anybody know if it is possible to anticipate the ceremony? 1 week would give me enough time to receive the certificate and apply for an emergency passport in person. (I didn't want to postpone the date)

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
My PR card expires in June 2023. Any suggestion on whether I should apply for PR Card renewal or wait for next steps from IRCC (Oath)?
My PR card will also expire around the same time. I'm planning on waiting until the end of this year before I apply for renewal.

Everything on my tracker (except Background and Test) are in progress or not started and I'm hoping that I'll get some updates by December 2022. If not, I'll apply for a new PR card in Jan 2023.

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
My PR card will also expire around the same time. I'm planning on waiting until the end of this year before I apply for renewal.

Everything on my tracker (except Background and Test) are in progress or not started and I'm hoping that I'll get some updates by December 2022. If not, I'll apply for a new PR card in Jan 2023.
I am in the same boat too. Everyone in my circle applied citizenship at the same time( May 2021 ) or after me have their citizenship certificates with them by now,

• Sad
Reactions: Wandering Mind

Slowmoving

Star Member
May 13, 2021
I was there as well! I had a bus ticket on Aug 23rd and they told me I can only pick it up on Aug 22nd...

I probably should have just bought a refundable ticket that departs on the same day...
Hi. Did you pick up your passport? Can you share your experience?

Also, which bus services have refundable tickets? Thanks!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I am in the same boat too. Everyone in my circle applied citizenship at the same time( May 2021 ) or after me have their citizenship certificates with them by now,
I've friends who applied many months after me and have either completed their oath or are scheduled for the ceremony.

Hang in there! It's our turn next!

Reactions: i@Singh

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Hi guys,by mistake I logged into may 2022 forum,and one of the guys who sent his applicationn on April 30, 2022
Has his citizinship approved and scheduled to take oath in September.
How the f... can this happen and we are waiting for more than 14 month till now and nothing except the background check is completed.
This is not fair and who gives the officer or judge the authority to jump and swing over our applications.
Realy life is not fair....

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi guys,by mistake I logged into may 2022 forum,and one of the guys who sent his applicationn on April 30, 2022
How the f... can this happen and we are waiting for more than 14 month till now and nothing except the background check is completed.
This is not fair and who gives the officer or judge the authority to jump and swing over our applications.
wow! that is like express entry citizenship . lol

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Yeah that's what really bothers me. I think IRCC is acting unconscionably. 2022 paper applicants are getting done in 4-6 months, while more than half of 2021 applicants have been waiting over a year, and even worse, significant numbers of 2020 and 2019 applicants still waiting after 2-3 years! It's only logical and fair to tackle backlogs FIFO, but for some reason IRCC is doing it LIFO :mad:

Reactions: amerkhaled

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Why don't IRCC treat applicants fairly like every thing in life in canada you have to follow the lineup from cinema,grocery,bakery,even In petsmart we stand in line....

Reactions: trumprefugee

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Guys, I received the invitation to take my oath ceremony on September 27, however, I have a trip booked for October 8. Does anybody know if it is possible to anticipate the ceremony? 1 week would give me enough time to receive the certificate and apply for an emergency passport in person. (I didn't want to postpone the date)
Hello @danielvalenca,

Yes you can request the agent to send your certificate on an urgent basis. You will have to provide proof of urgency for them to expedite your citizenship certificate.

Getting passport either urgent or express will be based on your travel date and for an additional fee.

All the best

danielvalenca

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello @danielvalenca,

Yes you can request the agent to send your certificate on an urgent basis. You will have to provide proof of urgency for them to expedite your citizenship certificate.

Getting passport either urgent or express will be based on your travel date and for an additional fee.

All the best
Thanks for your reply. I think that's exactly what I am going to do. I'll join the ceremony and ask if I can receive my certificate within 4/5 days. If I get a positive answer, I will participate, otherwise, I will ask to postpone for winter time.

When you say "request", you're talking about requesting during the ceremony, right? Not prior to the ceremony.

Last edited: