+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Qaws

Feb 2, 2022
Does it say closed at the top or just citizenship ceremony completed?
This is what is says

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.

Reactions: katana.b

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
This is what is says

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.
Congrats!! Guess yours is a single application.

Qaws

Feb 2, 2022
Hi guys, will ecas tell you when the certificate is mailed? Or is it a wake up and check mailbox thing?

Thanks

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
In case anyone is thinking about postponing their citizenship ceremony, I can report that the process for me was very smooth. My initial ceremony was supposed to take place on April 26, but as I was travelling the following week I postponed it. I told them I would be back on June 28, and the new date they gave me was July 6- only eight days after I came back.

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Ok so for my “security screening sincr October 2021 and CSIS says they never had it in ATIP” thing, I finally got an update today: IRCC had a system glitch that caused the security screening request never sent out and they had to resend it today.

They’re literately risking people’s lives there. Worse than that: Jagmeet Singh’s office did not believe me and did not advocate on my behalf at all. If they had done so they could have discovered in Feb…

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Ok so for my “security screening sincr October 2021 and CSIS says they never had it in ATIP” thing, I finally got an update today: IRCC had a system glitch that caused the security screening request never sent out and they had to resend it today.

They’re literately risking people’s lives there. Worse than that: Jagmeet Singh’s office did not believe me and did not advocate on my behalf at all. If they had done so they could have discovered in Feb…
;)dont forget to "not believe" jagmeet Singh in elections once you get citizenship

Reactions: radwes and clinkz

nighcrawler

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-01-2018
Received my cert today, ceremony was scheduled on Jul 7. Good luck folks!
Where are you located and where's your office? How quickly did your application go into the Closed status?

We're in Toronto, our office is Scarborough (according to the oath form), and our application went into Closed 2 days after our oath

Reactions: katana.b

clinkz

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Where are you located and where's your office? How quickly did your application go into the Closed status?

We're in Toronto, our office is Scarborough (according to the oath form), and our application went into Closed 2 days after our oath
My office is Calgary, application closed on 5th day and received the cert next day.