+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Can someone please take on the responsibility for updating the excel sheet? I found it really helpful and comforting during stressful times.

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
My background check status changed back to "In progress" again. It was completed but again changed to "In progress". Does anyone experienced this before? Is this a sign of something?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
My background check status changed back to "In progress" again. It was completed but again changed to "In progress". Does anyone experienced this before? Is this a sign of something?
it's a sign of getting your BG check again since it has an expiry of 1 year. You might ( or might not ) receive a request for FP or they do some check and just update to complete soon. If you want you can call IRCC and ask if it wasn't a system glitch.

arys

Sep 18, 2010
Anybody else from Vancouver who applied via paper? Took the test May 7 then test status updated to completed in May 9. No changes since then.
Hi there! Same boat as you, everything updated and completed except for oath since May 9. I hope we get news soon!

Jamal A.

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hello everyone 2 days ago I got a DM then today I saw that all the steps are completed except the oath ceremony. Do you know how much approximately will it take to get updated?

rrrowan

Nov 1, 2021
Hi there! Same boat as you, everything updated and completed except for oath since May 9. I hope we get news soon!
How about your language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions? Mine are still "in progress" unfortunately.

Raja3

Jun 27, 2022
Type: 2 Online applications
Physical Presence Days: 1109
Application: Single
Application sent: May 1, 2021
Delivered: May 1, 2021
AOR: Aug 29, 2021
In process: Aug 30, 2021 (new tracker)
Test invite: Jan 24th, 2022 (email on 26th)
Test window: Jan 28th - Feb 18th
BGC completed: Jan 21st
Test taken: Jan 28th
Test status updated to completed: Feb 3rd
Passport Request: Application 1: March 4th, Application 2: May 25th
Email asking confirmation of return to Canada: Application 1: June 8th
Lang, Physical Presence, prohibitions: Application 1: June 9th
I also sent the application almost at the same time on May 12th, 2021. Completed my test outside Canada on March 25th, 2022. After a while, I am back in Canada but my application is not moving forward after my test. I just want to know when you received the email regarding the confirmation of a return to canada. Email from the same Vancouver office?. As I am not received such a kind of email is there any way I can inform IRCC regarding my return.

arys

Sep 18, 2010
How about your language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions? Mine are still "in progress" unfortunately.
The language skills, prohibitions and physical presence were updated May 9 as completed. I took the exam during the last week of February. It may take a while for the update but hang in there!

kam134

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Thanks everyone in this group My journey ended today with takin Oath congrats every who was in today also other will be next Good luck my time line below
Online Application - May 09 2021
Office: Niagara fall
AOR: August 29th , 2021
Citizenship Test: Completed (14 jan)
Schedule Dec 24 Jan 13th
Background Verification: Completed Dec 7th
Prohibitions: Completed May 16
Language Skills: Completed May 16
Physical Presence: Completed May 16
Send Email asking Inquiry about Oath May 20th
Get respond May 25th
Citizenship Ceremony: In progress May 26th