+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

husainsd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Anyone from Calgary office who has completed the Oath Ceremony on June 6th? Has any one received the citizenship certificate?
The online ECAS shows application closed so not sure if the certificate has been mailed or not?

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
New tracker showing updated: June 20,2022

But I don't see any changes and old tracker also says in-process.

test completed in Jan 2022 nothing updated after that.

tisha511

Dec 5, 2015
Kitchener
Visa Office......
Kitchener
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Anyone from Calgary office who has completed the Oath Ceremony on June 6th? Has any one received the citizenship certificate?
The online ECAS shows application closed so not sure if the certificate has been mailed or not?
If you are not traveling anywhere soon then your certificate will come in 3 to 4 weeks after oath ceremony.
If you have told them that you are urgently traveling soon and provided travel proof, then certificate should come within few days.

Brampton1

Oct 1, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I need your advise.
My application was received on 13th May, 2021.
I wrote my test on 5th December 2021 and I passed it. I wrote test from Pakistan and I had taken permission to appear in test from out of Canada.
Online it appears that test is completed but no update since then. Its been almost seven months but no update regarding oath ceremony.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 11, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 29, 2021.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 9, 2021 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 15, 2021 at 12:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please advise me what should I do?

Brampton1

Oct 1, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I need your advise.
My application was received on 13th May, 2021.
I wrote my test on 5th December 2021 and I passed it. I wrote test from Pakistan and I had taken permission to appear in test from out of Canada.
Online it appears that test is completed but no update since then. Its been almost seven months but no update regarding oath ceremony.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 11, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 29, 2021.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 9, 2021 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 15, 2021 at 12:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please advise me what should I do?
  • Dec 6, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Nov 9, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between November 15, 2021 and December 5, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Nov 9, 2021

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • Oct 4, 2021

Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Jul 5, 2021

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
  • Dec 6, 2021

Citizenship test

• Nov 9, 2021

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between November 15, 2021 and December 5, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Nov 9, 2021

Citizenship test

• Oct 4, 2021

Background verification

• Jul 5, 2021

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
We are a couple of people in the same boat

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Thank you. You mean call them? Does the call line even get through?
Yes you will get through, the trick is to keep calling without any break between calls. It takes me at least 5-8 tries but I have spoken to an agent almost every time I called after 5-8 tries except maybe one time where I didn't try more than 4 times.

tisha511

Dec 5, 2015
Kitchener
Visa Office......
Kitchener
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
  • Dec 6, 2021

Citizenship test

• Nov 9, 2021

Citizenship test

• Nov 9, 2021

Citizenship test

• Oct 4, 2021

Background verification

• Jul 5, 2021

Application filed

I guess they think you are still outside Canada. You need to inform them when you come to Canada so you can take the citizenship oath in Canada.. call them or email them.

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
New tracker showing updated: June 20,2022

But I don't see any changes and old tracker also says in-process.

test completed in Jan 2022 nothing updated after that.
So yesterday I saw update and today I see Interview schedule for July 11th.
Can anyone tell me please what is required and what questions they will asked me in the interview?

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hey guys,

Below is my timeline:

VANCOUVER office
--- App Sent: May 25, 2021
--- AOR: Aug 31, 2021
--- Test Invite: May 07, 2022
--- Test Completed: May 25, 2022

No update since...
What is worrying me is that my background check is still "In Progress".

Is anyone experiencing similar bothersome delays? Should I call IRCC or contact my MP at this point?

Any information is appreciated!
Thanks!

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
So yesterday I saw update and today I see Interview schedule for July 11th.
Can anyone tell me please what is required and what questions they will asked me in the interview?
From what I’ve read is that the interview is very simple and straight forward wherein the interviewer will verify your documents, ask a few questions about your travels etc. I suggest that you be ready with the originals of any document you provided with your citizenship application along with any relevant supporting documents. Don’t stress about it.

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hey guys,

Below is my timeline:

VANCOUVER office
--- App Sent: May 25, 2021
--- AOR: Aug 31, 2021
--- Test Invite: May 07, 2022
--- Test Completed: May 25, 2022

No update since...
What is worrying me is that my background check is still "In Progress".

Is anyone experiencing similar bothersome delays? Should I call IRCC or contact my MP at this point?

Any information is appreciated!
Thanks!
Same! My background is still in progress. They requested my fingerprints end of March, which was very late... I'm waiting for my ATIP and might contact the MP after getting it