+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

canade

Mar 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Montreal office folks who took oath on May 27th, have you received your citizenship certificates yet?

mrpastor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
25-07-2016
Doc's Request.
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-12-2016
Med's Request
03-04-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Interview........
Not needed.
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
Probably Summer 2017
Montreal office folks who took oath on May 27th, have you received your citizenship certificates yet?
I did my Oath (Montreal) on May 13th. Until now no certificate yet. This is too much. I’m on my 5th week waiting. My application closed on May 20th on tracker.

Manny02

Star Member
Sep 21, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Final update on my application.
Citizenship Oath ceremony Completed - June 10th, 2022.
Application now closed. A year old struggle finally completed. The next struggle is to get a passport .. Any tips would appreciate for applying in Calgary to get passport quicker?
Let me know the process as well - I should be going into that route soon - Latest i herd is that the govt released website for waiting time at passport centers.

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
May online applicant here. everything is showing completed but ceremony since March 1. I’m not sure I understand the timeline anymore. At this point I’m just being patient and waiting for them to invite me to attend the oath ceremony when they are ready cos I can’t seem to get connected to speak with an agent when I call. My friends application has been over 2 years now, some things are still pending so I guess I can’t complain. Anyways wishing everyone the very best with the process.
Email them.

canade

Mar 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Yes, I did receive it last week. I requested for an urgent issue of the certificate and provided proof of travel.
I submitted a request for urgent issue of certificate with proof of travel. It has been 3 weeks and still no certificate delivered. I have to travel next week.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
How do you ask for urgent issue? I have my oath coming up next week.
The agent will ask you if you have any plans of travel within next 25 days. That is when you need to inform about your travel plans, show him the tickets etc. The agent asked me to send the ticket and job offer along with my signed oath form, and I received the certificate 5 days (including weekend) after my oath which was on a Friday. When I spoke to the call center, I was informed that the certificate was shipped on Monday morning.

Reactions: Ahmad3253

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Lack of transparency. By not communicating what exactly is happening with my file, I can simply think that it is sitting on a shelf somewhere. And then, I sound silly to them when I call to check on the status of my application, when I just simply want to know if someone is actually working on my file. The same message with no real updates is not an update.
Agree with you, it's frustrating. Our time soon, let's stay positive.

Reactions: adrianganea

Ahmad3253

Nov 20, 2018
The agent will ask you if you have any plans of travel within next 25 days. That is when you need to inform about your travel plans, show him the tickets etc. The agent asked me to send the ticket and job offer along with my signed oath form, and I received the certificate 5 days (including weekend) after my oath which was on a Friday. When I spoke to the call center, I was informed that the certificate was shipped on Monday morning.
Thank you for the info