+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

segorucu

Jun 8, 2018
I made online application on May 2021. Application was filed on 31 August 2021. Citizenship Test was passed on 3 February 2021. Language skills, physical presence, background verifications and prohibitions are all on progress. I was hoping to be invited to the citizenship ceremony by now. Are there other people in my situation?

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
Hi guys - when you order the notes, do they comes in your mailbox or by email?
You get via email, when you request the case notes, there is an option that you select for email. The other option I believe is CD( I think!) not sure about that

Ahmad3253

Nov 20, 2018
I made online application on May 2021. Application was filed on 31 August 2021. Citizenship Test was passed on 3 February 2021. Language skills, physical presence, background verifications and prohibitions are all on progress. I was hoping to be invited to the citizenship ceremony by now. Are there other people in my situation?
I m in the same boat. Test complete on Feb 3, nothing afterwards

Reactions: segorucu

aquafinabb

Jul 4, 2018
Similar timeline. Applied May 28th 2021. Citizenship Test Marked Complete - February 3rd. Had a 'Ghost Update' on April 25, 2022 - but patiently/ impatiently waiting for next steps.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Could be those reasons. But generally I think there is nothing to worry about. Main things for most people are ID check and questions (if there are any) on entries and exits.

My interview took less than 5 minutes, and 3 weeks after that I was scheduled for Oath.
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea what may have prompted the interview?

kam134

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Same here jan 14 marked complete test the rest in progress waiting next steps

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
For everyone like me who wondered about the mysterious "digital citizenship certificate".
I realized, after getting my oath invite, that one can either print, sign, scan and email IRCC the "oath certificate", OR you "digitally sign" the oath certificate.

This is just a way of signing the paperwork for IRCC, it is not the citizenship certificate we all thought and hoped it was. Hope this clarifies for people.

gsbanwait17

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Same here i got ghost update on Feb 28th

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Same here .

momieva

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
For everyone like me who wondered about the mysterious "digital citizenship certificate".
I realized, after getting my oath invite, that one can either print, sign, scan and email IRCC the "oath certificate", OR you "digitally sign" the oath certificate.

This is just a way of signing the paperwork for IRCC, it is not the citizenship certificate we all thought and hoped it was. Hope this clarifies for people.
I don’t think we all hoped signing Oath Of Citizenship form digitally is a citizenship certificate. It is a form and not a certificate lol