+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hi May 2021 applicants,

I've been asked to attend an interview scheduled for May 18, 2022. I'd be lying if I said that I'm not worried. Has anyone here attended an interview before? Any advice?

I applied with an expired passport, and in 2018 had legally changed my name. I believe that these two aspects of my application may have rendered it non-routine, thus prompting the interview...

Thanks
Could be those reasons. But generally I think there is nothing to worry about. Main things for most people are ID check and questions (if there are any) on entries and exits.

My interview took less than 5 minutes, and 3 weeks after that I was scheduled for Oath.

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
How long did it take for your citizenship certificate to arrive?
Also, was it delivered by Canada Post?

I'm moving soon after the ceremony, so worried that the Canada Post redirect service won't deliver my mail to the correct address.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi All,
I had sent a webform 2 months back indicating an address change but did not receive any confirmation. I tried calling IRCC @ 18882422100 but the call is getting disconnected with a message there is high call volume we cannot talk to you.
My tracker got updated to "scheduled for oath" yesterday. I wanted your advise on what should I do to confirm if my address has been updated or not.
Looking forward to your response
Thanks
They will ask you where to send your citizenship certificate to after the ceremony, so you can confirm the address with them at that moment

anddrew

May 4, 2017
Montreal office!!!

Got Oath invite/in progress today on my tracker!! Oath is scheduled on May 13, 2022. everything got completed just the other day, April 25, 2022. Oath in progress the next day, April 26.
Test was completed Feb 16, 2022.
Submitted online May 1, 2021.

i can see the end of the tunnel!

You are so lucky

Reactions: UPA and BeerBeem

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
My application seems to be stuck... From May 2021 to now no progress...

I did a couple of ATIPs and called they only said the security screening is in process... Since like Oct 2021...

I called CSIS and they said they cannot really release information to me...

I called my MP (Jagmeet Singh, whom I actually volunteered for, kinda feel regret for his terrible constituency office) and his office appears to be paralyzed and not responding...

Kinda feeling screwed right now... Any advice?

Reactions: Cyborg_1

kam134

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
My application seems to be stuck... From May 2021 to now no progress...

I did a couple of ATIPs and called they only said the security screening is in process... Since like Oct 2021...

I called CSIS and they said they cannot really release information to me...

I called my MP (Jagmeet Singh, whom I actually volunteered for, kinda feel regret for his terrible constituency office) and his office appears to be paralyzed and not responding...

Kinda feeling screwed right now... Any advice?
Use the media mention all that he may contact you

Reactions: Cyborg_1

coalhouse_canada

Jun 30, 2016
Hi all,
Just a quick update that all milestones in my tracker are now showing as complete with the exception of the citizenship ceremony which is "not started". Looks like things are moving along slowly but surely. Next step: oath invite. Hopefully that comes before summer. I am based in Calgary. Paper applicant.

Last edited:

mrpastor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
25-07-2016
Doc's Request.
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-12-2016
Med's Request
03-04-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Interview........
Not needed.
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
Probably Summer 2017
Hi all,
Just a quick update that all milestones in my tracker are now showing as complete with the exception of the citizenship ceremony which is "not started". Looks like things are moving along slowly but surely. Next step: oath invite. Hopefully that comes before summer. I am based in Calgary. Paper applicant.
I got Oath in progress the next day after evrything got completed. Check tomorrow!!

Reactions: coalhouse_canada