+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

UPA

Apr 17, 2017
Not really. I'm a single online applicant (Montreal office) who finished up with the test on 13 Dec. Last update on the tracker was on 10 Feb when background check was marked complete. No update since then.
SAME!! Single Online applicant, Test was completed Dec 20, Background on Jan 20 and no update from Montreal office since :(

• Sad
Reactions: katana.b

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Hi guys I’m new here and have been following the thread. This is my timeline

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application: Single
Application sent: May 27, 2021
Delivered: June 01, 2021
AOR: September 9, 2021
In process: September 11, 2021 (new tracker)
Test invite: none
Language Skills, Psychical Presence, Prohibitions completed: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: N/A
Citizenship oath: N/A
Old ECAS said last update was October 22 2021

I am discouraged seeing so many people that applied at the same time moving forward in the application process while my application has been stuck for months. I was looking forward to getting the passport before summer so I could travel visa free but I’m afraid it’s looking less likely . I followed the advice on this thread and ordered the gcms notes and I’m waiting for that but anyone else facing this issue?

on a side note, congrats to everyone who has received positive updates and have move forward with the citizenship process!
Exactly in the same boat as yours, except for an AOR date of August 11 and family application of 3.

• Sad
Reactions: katana.b

tisha511

Dec 5, 2015
Kitchener
Visa Office......
Kitchener
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Got my oath ceremony request

Please update the sheet
Oath letter date -April 26,2022
Oath Ceremony- May 10,2022

One doubt..
Do I need to wait for the oath form?
I have received the instructions email and the last page has an oath form. Is this the one I sign or I have to wait for another form?
TIA

intheQ

Apr 17, 2015
Hi,
Does any one know how long does it take after all steps are completed to schedule for citizenship ceremony?
Tracker shows all steps, except citizenship ceremony completed on Apr-22. However the ceremony is still "Not started"

tanukisaint

Jun 21, 2021
Got my oath ceremony request

Please update the sheet
Oath letter date -April 26,2022
Oath Ceremony- May 10,2022

One doubt..
Do I need to wait for the oath form?
I have received the instructions email and the last page has an oath form. Is this the one I sign or I have to wait for another form?
TIA
Congrats on the update! You will be using/signing that last page which is the Oath Affirmation form itself - no other form to wait for. You will need to either print it out or e-sign it. You'll be asked to confirm that your name is properly spelled on the form and sign in the middle 2 boxes in front of an officer at the time of your oath. Finally, you'll need to email the signed form back to them within 2 days of the ceremony.

PetrVan

Aug 27, 2021
Hey guys, I’m scheduled for oath ceremony on May 2nd. My tracer was updated yesterday but haven’t received an invitation email yet. As it is already very close to the date should I try and give them a call or this is normal?

Reactions: Zabooster

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
Hi All, congratulations to all those who have had/ scheduled for oath ceremony!
Good to know applications are moving, slowly, but surely!
I wanted to ask does anyone know how long does it take for the gcms notes to be delivered under ATIP/ Privacy act? Been just over a month since I requested it.
My app was delivered May 27,2021. FP was requested and submitted in Oct 2021 and BCG marked completed on Nov 12th. No updates since!

tisha511

Dec 5, 2015
Kitchener
Visa Office......
Kitchener
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Congrats on the update! You will be using/signing that last page which is the Oath Affirmation form itself - no other form to wait for. You will need to either print it out or e-sign it. You'll be asked to confirm that your name is properly spelled on the form and sign in the middle 2 boxes in front of an officer at the time of your oath. Finally, you'll need to email the signed form back to them within 2 days of the ceremony.
Thank you for clarifying my doubts..

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm posting this thread because I'm in dire need of advice from my fellow forumers (I'm not too sure if that's even a word), and the latest development of my citizenship application has become a source of great consternation and stress for me.

A little about me:
Application type: online (single)
May 23, 2021: Application date
September 3, 2021: AOR
January 19, 2022: FP request
January 26, 2022: Test Invitation
February 3, 2022: Test status updated to "complete"
February 15, 2022: FP results received by IRCC
February 16, 2022: Background check status updated to "complete"
March 4, 2022 - passport copies requested by IRCC.
March 8, 2022 - I submitted my passport copies.
April 26, 2022 - received an invitation to attend an interview via MS Teams.

***As of right now, the only sections of my online tracker that are marked complete after my test and background check.***

I checked my online tracker and noticed there was a ghost update on April 25, 2022. On April 26, 2022, I received an email inviting me to attend an interview with a citizenship official to verify my documents, language skills, etc., however this email is yet to be reflected in my online tracker. Should I be worried?

I've only had to report one absence from Canada; I've always been on the right side of the law throughout my 10+ years in Canada. Furthermore, my wife and 3 year-old son are both Canadian citizens, and I work for the provincial government of where I live. So, I really don't see why I'm being asked to attend an interview, while I see that most online applicants are enjoying a hassle-free trip straight to their oath ceremony without having to provide passport copies or fingerprints.

What I also find confusing is that the citizenship interview has been scheduled in Mountain Time, even though I live in BC, and was sent to me from "West Citizenship EAPP", which seems to be a centralized processing office responsible for both BC and Alberta. Wouldn't it make sense to be interviewed by a citizenship official in my local office?

I submitted my online application with an expired passport (an explanation for why I hadn't renewed it was provided in the application form) and I had legally changed my name in 2018; so I'm trying to be optimistic by telling myself maybe these two aspects of my application may have triggered the interview request.

Nevertheless, what frightens me is that I had gone through a citizenship interview before in May 2021 application that resulted in my first citizenship application being refused because I was 30 days short of my physical presence requirement. It was a genuine mistake, with the citizenship official acknowledging it as such, that I had made because I filled out my physical presence calculator based on my flight itinerary which had been processed in Canada, but I forgot that I had actually extended my family visit by one month. The Citizenship Official was very cool about the whole thing, and even told me that my application was "straightforward", but gave me the option of withdrawing my application, which I later did. Fortunately for me, my withdraw request was approved within one hour. Just for context, my first application was submitted in June 2019, then COVID-19 happened, I took and passed the online test in April 2021, attended finally attended an interview on May 2021 with an officer from my local office during which I learned that I didn't meet the physical presence requirement.

That's right, it took IRCC almost two years to tell me that I didn't meet the physical presence requirement. So, I'm sure all of you can understand my fear and frustration. I just feel like all the stops are being put in front of me.

Any advice as to where my application is going from the more experienced forumers over here would be greatly appreciated. This is my second application and I don't think that I can stomach the ambiguity of this citizenship process any more.

Thank you.

Reactions: Cyborg_1

Hushus

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi guys I’m new here and have been following the thread. This is my timeline

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application sent: May 27, 2021
Delivered: June 01, 2021
AOR: September 9, 2021
In process: September 11, 2021 (new tracker)
Test invite: none
Language Skills, Psychical Presence, Prohibitions completed: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: N/A
Citizenship oath: N/A
Old ECAS said last update was October 22 2021

I am discouraged seeing so many people that applied at the same time moving forward in the application process while my application has been stuck for months. I was looking forward to getting the passport before summer so I could travel visa free but I’m afraid it’s looking less likely . I followed the advice on this thread and ordered the gcms notes and I’m waiting for that but anyone else facing this issue?

on a side note, congrats to everyone who has received positive updates and have move forward with the citizenship process!
I think it's safe to say that this is a Mississauga processing office thing (or GTA). Welcome to the club lol. I think there around 5 of us here that are still waiting and are in the same time frame.

Hushus

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All, congratulations to all those who have had/ scheduled for oath ceremony!
Good to know applications are moving, slowly, but surely!
I wanted to ask does anyone know how long does it take for the gcms notes to be delivered under ATIP/ Privacy act? Been just over a month since I requested it.
My app was delivered May 27,2021. FP was requested and submitted in Oct 2021 and BCG marked completed on Nov 12th. No updates since!
I got mine little more than a month later (ordered it end of January and got it beginning of March). I ordered another one mid April so I'm guessing i will receive it little after mid May.

Reactions: Happy116

natigwen

Jan 31, 2019
Hey guys, I’m scheduled for oath ceremony on May 2nd. My tracer was updated yesterday but haven’t received an invitation email yet. As it is already very close to the date should I try and give them a call or this is normal?
I'm scheduled for May 2 and I haven't received anything in the email yet.

I want to wait till tomorrow and if I don't get anything by then, I'll probably call them. Wbu?

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
Hello everyone!

I had my oath scheduled yesterday, but unfortunately I had to postpone it due to an out-of-country trip next week that for multiple reasons I did not wish to cancel. I did appear on the oath call and talked to the officer, she was really helpful and kind, and also told me it's good that I appeared on the call even though I already sent an email about this, because apparently they sometimes miss the emails (!). I also asked about the possibility of having the oath in person, but she said that at the moment they are not offering that option :(

Here's my timeline so far:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1102
Application Sent: May 15, 2021
Delivered: May 15, 2021
AOR: Aug 30, 2021
Test invite: Jan 17, 2022
Test taken date: Jan 31
Test completed: Feb 2
Language Skills, Prohibitions, Physical Presence completed : Feb 24
Oath email: April 12
Oath ceremony date: April 26 (postponed)

Reactions: Cyborg_1