+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received a ghost update on April 25, 2022, but nothing has changed in my tracker. I'm still waiting for my language skills, prohibitions, and physical presence to be completed.

Should I expect something soon, or is this update part of some IRCC software reboot?

Seeing all these people get oath invitations and updates is making my hopeful...

Reactions: Zabooster

kareem19

Oct 23, 2017
Hi All,
Does IRCC send the citizenship certificate to the address on the application or do they send it to an address that we provide during the ceremony?
Thank you.

tanukisaint

Jun 21, 2021
@Zabooster and @patri.egea - since you received your oath invite from the Vancouver office, is your appointment timing also in PST? Since my brother is in Toronto, we want to make sure he doesn't join at the wrong time. LOL we're anxious if you can't tell.

natigwen

Jan 31, 2019
Got my oath invite - May 2nd!

What a glorious moment after 10 years of living in Canada!!!

Does anyone know the timeline for getting the certificate of citizenship in the mail and then getting a passport? I have a conference in USA June 2-4 that I was gonna miss but now I'm thinking maybe I can still make it. Thanks and good luck to all!

Singh2050

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi everyone,

I received a ghost update on April 25, 2022, but nothing has changed in my tracker. I'm still waiting for my language skills, prohibitions, and physical presence to be completed.

Should I expect something soon, or is this update part of some IRCC software reboot?

Seeing all these people get oath invitations and updates is making my hopeful...
Same here . Got an update on April 25th but everything’s is still in progress except test and background

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
So I'm guessing from the current trend all Single applications are getting Oath ceremonies/updates?
Not really. I'm a single online applicant (Montreal office) who finished up with the test on 13 Dec. Last update on the tracker was on 10 Feb when background check was marked complete. No update since then.

Reactions: UPA

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Same here . Got an update on April 25th but everything’s is still in progress except test and background
Okay, so I just received an email requesting an interview. I was really hoping it would be an oath invitation...My online tracker hasn't been updated yet. What's strange is that the time of the interview is scheduled in Mountain Time, while I live in BC (PST).

Reactions: mpreetsingh

MissChief82

Apr 26, 2022
Hi guys I’m new here and have been following the thread. This is my timeline

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application: Single
Application sent: May 27, 2021
Delivered: June 01, 2021
AOR: September 9, 2021
In process: September 11, 2021 (new tracker)
Test invite: none
Language Skills, Psychical Presence, Prohibitions completed: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: N/A
Citizenship oath: N/A
Old ECAS said last update was October 22 2021

I am discouraged seeing so many people that applied at the same time moving forward in the application process while my application has been stuck for months. I was looking forward to getting the passport before summer so I could travel visa free but I’m afraid it’s looking less likely . I followed the advice on this thread and ordered the gcms notes and I’m waiting for that but anyone else facing this issue?

on a side note, congrats to everyone who has received positive updates and have move forward with the citizenship process!