+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
I received my notes yesterday. The office in Sydney requested fingerprints in January but only end of March the office in Montreal sent me the request :rolleyes:

Also they haven't started working on my prohibition, language, physical presence etc, the worse thing is, they have a due date dated to AUGUST for all that! So I'm guessing they can have until August to work on my file...

Applied May 18 2021
AOR: Sept 1st 2021
Test done: Feb 2nd 2022
Fingerprints requested: March 25th
Requested ATIP NOTES: March 10
Received Atip: April 14th
how do you know they have due date until august ?

Reactions: Cyborg_1

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
Not sure if it's only me, but seeing applicants from June, July and even August getting invites to the Oath ceremony is a bit discouraging. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for everyone, but then, I wonder what the actual logic is...there are others waiting for this moment for nearly 3 years now, and when we applied in May 2021 there was a 12 months timeline. I know things changed in between due to the pandemic, but even then...anyways, I guess the only thing we can do is wait for our turn.
Best of luck everyone, Happy Easter!
the pandemic should have not much impact on this ! all applications are digital and there is not much paper work to be done by hands ! they are prioritizing Ukraine and Afghanistan which is humanatarian yes but im not sure how fair is it for people waiting for their papers to proceed in their lives !

in regards to applying and the no fairness between process times of different people i hear you! something should be done about it and this starts at our level ! probably going to the media to shed the light might be a good start !

Reactions: Cyborg_1

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
1 year from when they put the application into the system, not from when you submit.
its 1 year from the date they receive it ! but again, its just an estimation of 12 months and they are under no liability or accountable if it takes more !

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
Not really, Montreal is the same. I passed the test on Nov 22nd 2021, silence since then.
I followed up with IRCC multiple times, even reached out to my MP, but no progress till date.
Best of luck!
im just curious what did your MP say ? mine contacted IRCC and they provided us with 8 info while none of them is something we didnt know :)

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
anyone tried to go through a Writ of Mandamus to have the federal court force IRCC to make a decision within 30 days ?

arys

Sep 18, 2010
Is it just me or other folks that are processed by Vancouver Office that seem never make progress after the citizenship test? I passed my citizenship test on Jan 24th, and background was completed on Jan 27th. And then, NOTHING happened?! Physical presence, Language and Prohibition never updated...
i'm on the same boat too, hopefully they will be able to update the other info soon...

Reactions: adrianganea

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Not sure if it's only me, but seeing applicants from June, July and even August getting invites to the Oath ceremony is a bit discouraging. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for everyone, but then, I wonder what the actual logic is...there are others waiting for this moment for nearly 3 years now, and when we applied in May 2021 there was a 12 months timeline. I know things changed in between due to the pandemic, but even then...anyways, I guess the only thing we can do is wait for our turn.
Best of luck everyone, Happy Easter!
Just to give you some relief, I applied in July and still waiting for test

adrianganea

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
Basically every application has 1 year due dates at first, probably automated and not set by a human, it does not mean they will actually complete the process by that date.
Just checked
im just curious what did your MP say ? mine contacted IRCC and they provided us with 8 info while none of them is something we didnt know :)
No new info, to be honest. They confirmed that the application is still in processing.

az210

Aug 6, 2021
As of today (Apr. 16th), my online status tracker says it was Updated: March 28, 2022. Does anyone have a similar delay time as mine?

Besides, my MP sent me notes showing that my FP result was received by the Montreal office on Mar. 27th. Though this information is not updated on my online status tracker yet, I am happy that the Montreal office did not lose my FP mail.

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
How everyone,
IRCC has received my citizenship application on May 20th, and I still have no invitation for the citizenship test!!!
I was wondering what is the subject/ email address that they send the test invitation from in order to ensure I find it in my email as soon as it arrives!

Thanks in advance.