+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
My online tracker was updated on April 5th, which says that I have been invited to Oath Ceremony on April 25th, and there's a letter sent to me with more details. However, it doesn't say if the letter is physical mail or an email (I haven't yet received either yet). Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a physical letter or email? Has anyone's tracker been updated for oath in the past few days, and if so did you receive this letter as an email or physical mail?

Thanks.

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
My online tracker was updated on April 5th, which says that I have been invited to Oath Ceremony on April 25th, and there's a letter sent to me with more details. However, it doesn't say if the letter is physical mail or an email (I haven't yet received either yet). Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a physical letter or email? Has anyone's tracker been updated for oath in the past few days, and if so did you receive this letter as an email or physical mail?

Thanks.
you will get email

Reactions: rkhan15

pliscki

Feb 21, 2016
I took the Citizenship Oath yesterday and the application status was set to completed today.

The certificate is expected to arrive by mail in two weeks and then...passport.

Thanks to everybody in this forum for all the help and information provided in the last few years.
I just received the certificate by mail Today. I was not expecting it to be delivered so fast.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014

Thanks.
When were the other sections (language, prohibitions etc) , marked as complete?

momieva

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019

Thanks.
You will get it in a couple of days. I got mine 6days after the update on my tracker . It was sent to my email and I took my Oath today

Reactions: Zabooster

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
Application was submitted in april 2021, got background check completed on the 14 of september 2021 and been quite since then, no test to do as the applicant is above 55 ! office is montreal !
contacted MP office yesterday and did also submit a request for the notes !
anyone facing such delays from montreal office ?

Reactions: gabrielasqs

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Application was submitted in april 2021, got background check completed on the 14 of september 2021 and been quite since then, no test to do as the applicant is above 55 ! office is montreal !
contacted MP office yesterday and did also submit a request for the notes !
anyone facing such delays from montreal office ?
Yes! I did the test Feb 3rd, I received a request for fingerprints last week. I did it last monday, which means it will take 30 days for immigration to receive it. I’m almost on my 12 months mark and my background check is not even done?!

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
Yes! I did the test Feb 3rd, I received a request for fingerprints last week. I did it last monday, which means it will take 30 days for immigration to receive it. I’m almost on my 12 months mark and my background check is not even done?!
when did you apply and when did you receive AOR ?

i think (but im not sure) that fingerprint requests has something to do with background check ! if lets say someone got his background check completed, i dont think they will ask him for Finger prints down the road !

Reactions: cicworld

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
when did you apply and when did you receive AOR ?

i think (but im not sure) that fingerprint requests has something to do with background check ! if lets say someone got his background check completed, i dont think they will ask him for Finger prints down the road !
That’s exactly what I’m saying. My background check is not completed yet and I’m almost on my 12 months mark lol I applied May 18th, AOR Sept 1st

Reactions: Cyborg_1

sufgan

Jun 23, 2015
Hi all,

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,496
Application: Single
Application sent: May 30, 2021
AOR: Sep 3, 2021
Test Invite: Feb 2 , 2022 (scheduled as of Feb 4 - Feb 24)
Test Taken: Feb 24, 2022
Test Completed: Feb 28, 2022
BG check Completed: Feb 2, 2022
Language skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions: In progress

How to find which office the application is being processed?

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Same here