+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the FBI police certificate is needed for prohibition check or background check ?
I submitted the FBI report back in sep-2022, since then I have complete citizenship test and the background check is also "complete"
However, the status is still "waiting on you". I am not sure what are they waiting on or if I missed any communication.
I would say call them to see if they need anything from you. They might have send an email which might have ended up in SPAM or something else. To be on safer side just call them and ask what is needed from your side. And if the agent says nothing is needed ask him to send you an email what you two discussed and ask him to mention that nothing is needed from your side.

iSimran

Star Member
May 20, 2021
Processing times for Citizenship Grants have been updated in the web page. It shows 27 months rather than the 12 portraited some weeks ago. Seems that some of us are set for quite a long wait.
I think it’s for reducing the call volume and enquire volume now we can’t ask them to process the application faster if the application exceeded the processing time of 12 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think it’s for reducing the call volume and enquire volume now we can’t ask them to process the application faster if the application exceeded the processing time of 12 months.
Processing times are now posted at 27 months. There is no longer a promise of processing within 12 months. If you file for mandamus after12 months you will be denied.

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
Is any Scarborough office applicant still waiting for the Language, Prohibitions, and Physical presence to be completed? Any hope for us those who applied in May 2021?

intheQ

Apr 17, 2015
Test completed December. Been waiting since then. My March gcms note shows Language, Prohibitions, and Physical Presence not started.
My processing is in Scarborough too. test completed in Nov. only background and test completed everything in progress status.
I have requested for notes, waiting to see where the hold up is.

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
I called IRCC few weeks ago, they told me they have already received my FP its just not updated to my ECAS, I emailed RCMP on March 14, they sent me a reply today stating they haven’t sent them yet….

I don’t know which one is it?

any suggestion!??

intheQ

Apr 17, 2015
I called IRCC few weeks ago, they told me they have already received my FP its just not updated to my ECAS, I emailed RCMP on March 14, they sent me a reply today stating they haven’t sent them yet….

I don’t know which one is it?

any suggestion!??
Just curious what number where you calling? I called multiple times IRCC never picks up.