+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

May2021

Dec 23, 2021
Anyone in Calgary get an Oath invite yet?
All of my other categories were completed on Feb. 23, now just waiting for the oath.

segorucu

Jun 8, 2018
I am in Calgary and passed the test on February 3. Nothing else has been completed yet other than the exam. Still waiting for something to happen.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
correct - hopefully we dont endure this. We have the option of going to the press.
Saying what? Before you could face them with their 12 months processing time, now they admitted it's 27 months, which means if your file has been in process less than 27 months, you cannot do or say anything about it.

Zabooster

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Anyone in Calgary get an Oath invite yet?
All of my other categories were completed on Feb. 23, now just waiting for the oath.
The most recent invites seem to have been for candidates either resident in or with files being processed in Eastern Canada. If you check the tracker, the majority of pending oaths are either from Alberta or BC. Give it some time and they would attend to those as well hopefully (one can only guess and hope when it comes to this process).

Reactions: patri.egea

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
You are not alone in this bud :( My application hasn't seen a movement after the BGC completion in October. Really frustrating. I even reached out to the local MP, they called IRCC on my behalf and provided me the same information and advised that the current processing time is 12 months, so start getting prepared for the test.
They also mentioned my file is still in Syndey, NS.
The same for me as well. BGC completed for wife on Nov 8 and for me NOV 15. No updates since. I had received a FP request on Oct 15, which I submitted the same day and RCMP confirmed it was delivered to IRCC on Oct 22. I was asked to send FP TO Sydney, NS. No updates since Nov 08/Nov 15.

The email for FP was from IRCC.CPCSClientNotification-NotificationduclientCTSD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca : anyone know which locations is this from?

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Saying what? Before you could face them with their 12 months processing time, now they admitted it's 27 months, which means if your file has been in process less than 27 months, you cannot do or say anything about it.
There is a difference in processing times and standard service times. Processing times are calculated based on applications that have been processed in the last 6months - 1 year - the 'average' time it has taken to process all applications.

In terms of the press - I've seen articles by CTV where they've inquired about certain files, after which IRCC acted on them.
https://www.iheartradio.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.16869093

Staying positive and looking at all options. :)

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I don't see anything in the article that suggests those people were scheduled for oath based on a news article. As a matter of fact, one of the examples in the link you posted got a decision made in July, 2021 and was scheduled for oath on January 17!!! That's almost a whopping 6 months between decision made and oath. Another example is a couple who got decision made in May, 2021 and took their oaths in December (an almost 7 months wait between DM and oath). Majority of applicants on this forum have way shorter time between DM and oath.

If anything, the article you posted reinforced the notion IRCC didn't/doesn't care and processed their applications as they normally would have.

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
I don't see anything in the article that suggests those people were scheduled for oath based on a news article. As a matter of fact, one of the examples in the link you posted got a decision made in July, 2021 and was scheduled for oath on January 17!!! That's almost a whopping 6 months between decision made and oath. Another example is a couple who got decision made in May, 2021 and took their oaths in December (an almost 7 months wait between DM and oath). Majority of applicants on this forum have way shorter time between DM and oath.

If anything, the article you posted reinforced the notion IRCC didn't/doesn't care and processed their applications as they normally would have.
[/Q

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
This is not an optimistic hope that IRCC will be scared of these news articles.

The $85 million budget can make some differences - that's the real optimistic hope for me.

Reactions: Cyborg_1

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
The goal in this case was to show that I'd go to CTV and potentially get my application worked on in the next 6 months than wait another 17 months for a decision. :) - not disputing what you're saying, but at this time I'd rather have some tools at my disposal rather than none. :)

Not trying to 'scare' them. Just ensuring their eyes fall on my application in some way.

Last edited: