May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
It's a boost in confidence seeing a completed case for citizenship.

Between the Test Attempt and Oath, was there an interview process? Or did you get any emails for further information?

Some applicants are posting about interview with IRCC agents regarding travel history, employment history and asking for copies of pages from passport.
the general information in open for me.
I had no interview, no further information, just fingerprint.
I believe if you have lived within Canada most of the time in 5 years, just short travel, long weekends, couplesof weeks, just 1-2 job,,, stable at same address in Canada, you will be ok. There is people who has spent time out of canada due to personal problems, those, IRCC have an special treatment, investigation,,, to see if really like Canada, that why I believe IRCC asks for further information, passport copies (now mandatory), interview, etc.
I became permanet resident in sep 2017, and citizen in feb 2022, almost 5years, 15 months of citizenship process, just 2 long weekends out of Canada

Reactions: asm314 and BeerBeem

momieva

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
Thanks At least there is no shortage on e-mail addresses (as I see there is one for each step) :) best of luck to all of us! :)
Lol . No shortage of email addresses got me laughing. Everything except Oath was completed for me on Feb 16th and the gcms notes I requested in Jan 2022 was just sent to me over the weekend and it shows “E-grant ceremony ready”. Only God knows when that will be. I applied on May 2, 2021 so still within the 12 months period. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: mpsqra

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hello, I would say that things are moving extremely slow, at least for the Montreal office.
I did reach out to my MP office and I was told that the immigration part of my application was not even started (language, physical presence). I applied on May 12th 2021. Not sure how things are considered, especially because I have friends who applied in August 2021 and they are now citizens.
yes same for me. montreal applications are not moving at all after test.

Reactions: mpsqra

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Do you usually get the ceremony email first or the tracker gets updated to "in progress" before the email?

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Update!
Test activity was completed on Feb. 3. A few days prior to that Background check was completed.

Today everything is marked completed except for the Ctitizenship Ceremony.
I'm in AB, test invite was from the West office, so I think Vancouver is processing the file.

coalhouse_canada

Jun 30, 2016
Update!
Test activity was completed on Feb. 3. A few days prior to that Background check was completed.

I'm in AB, test invite was from the West office, so I think Vancouver is processing the file.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your timeline? Was your application online or paper-based? I am in AB as well so I am naturally curious how the process is going for applicants from this province. Thanks.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your timeline? Was your application online or paper-based? I am in AB as well so I am naturally curious how the process is going for applicants from this province. Thanks.
Single, online, submitted mid-May.
AOR Sept. 1.
Other details are in my previous post.

There were a few of us on here from AB who got their test invites at the same time.
Good luck!

Ahmad3253

Nov 20, 2018
Update!

Exact same date my test was marked compete. Hope to hear soon

Reactions: Zabooster