+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
I have a question please! Is everyone get the request for fingerprints?

I didn’t get any request for fingerprints for citizenship, my background check still says in progress!
I was requested fingerprints when I did my permanent residency! Would they request it again or not necessarily?
Now I’m worried about my background check being still in progress because they might be waiting for the fingerprints which I never received an email for it!

So far my timeline is:
Applied May 18th 2021
AOR September 1st 2021
Test done Feb 1st
Tracker updated for test completed Feb 2nd
Everything else is still in progress!
Please I need to hear from people who didn't have their fingerprints requested during citizenship! Thank you

Ps: I also ordered the notes 2 days ago.
I have a question please! Is everyone get the request for fingerprints?

I didn’t get any request for fingerprints for citizenship, my background check still says in progress!
I was requested fingerprints when I did my permanent residency! Would they request it again or not necessarily?
Now I’m worried about my background check being still in progress because they might be waiting for the fingerprints which I never received an email for it!

So far my timeline is:
Applied May 18th 2021
AOR September 1st 2021
Test done Feb 1st
Tracker updated for test completed Feb 2nd
Everything else is still in progress!
Please I need to hear from people who didn't have their fingerprints requested during citizenship! Thank you

Ps: I also ordered the notes 2 days ago.
I have almost the same time line and same waiting queue. Just want to check do they ask for fingerprints for everyone or only for certain cases??

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
Hi May 2021 applicants,

A little bit about me:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,101
Application: Single
Application sent: May 26, 2021
AOR: Sep 3, 2021
Test Invite: Jan 20, 2022 (scheduled as of Jan 28 - Feb 17)
FP Required: Jan 24, 2022
Test Taken: Jan 28, 2022
Test Completed: Jan 31, 2022
FF Result received: Mar 2, 2022
BG check Completed: Mar 3, 2022
Language skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions: In progress

A common question is, how long does it usually take for Language, Prohibitions and Physical presence to be marked completed after the BG check?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

az210

Aug 6, 2021
Hi May 2021 applicants,

A little bit about me:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,101
Application: Single
Application sent: May 26, 2021
AOR: Sep 3, 2021
Test Invite: Jan 20, 2022 (scheduled as of Jan 28 - Feb 17)
FP Required: Jan 24, 2022
Test Taken: Jan 28, 2022
Test Completed: Jan 31, 2022
FF Result received: Mar 2, 2022
BG check Completed: Mar 3, 2022
Language skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions: In progress

A common question is, how long does it usually take for Language, Prohibitions and Physical presence to be marked completed after the BG check?
Thanks in advance.
May I ask which office asked you for the fingerprint? I am waiting for the Montreal office to process my fingerprint. Montreal office requested my fingerprint on Dec. 30th, 2021 and Canada Post showed they received the mail on Feb. 11th, 2022. However, online tracker did not show they received the fingerprint since then.

catchit

May 28, 2021
How long does the fingerprints take to get reviewed, mine are waiting from December to be reviewed, no update yet and everything is in progress. Most people are getting the checks completed immediately after the fingerprints submission, can anyone shed some light on what to expect? Thanks

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
May I ask which office asked you for the fingerprint? I am waiting for the Montreal office to process my fingerprint. Montreal office requested my fingerprint on Dec. 30th, 2021 and Canada Post showed they received the mail on Feb. 11th, 2022. However, online tracker did not show they received the fingerprint since then.
I'm from Toronto but the IRCC Vancouver asked my FP. I also have no idea about this.
By the way, the notary sends my fingerprint form directly to them, and he only emailed me the receipt. The online tracker has just been updated recently as they received it and marked completed after 1 day.

How long does the fingerprints take to get reviewed, mine are waiting from December to be reviewed, no update yet and everything is in progress. Most people are getting the checks completed immediately after the fingerprints submission, can anyone shed some light on what to expect? Thanks
The notary told me that it would take 3-4 weeks because it doesn't matter you did it physically or digitally, our FP will be mailed to IRCC office in Van.

Reactions: az210

NIHIB

Oct 12, 2021
Hi everyone, I took my test on Feb 28th and my status was updated yesterday and everything is now marked as “completed” except “citizenship ceremony” anyone had a date for their ceremony and give an insight into how long from when everything is completed to getting a date for oath? Thanks

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I took my test on Feb 28th and my status was updated yesterday and everything is now marked as “completed” except “citizenship ceremony” anyone had a date for their ceremony and give an insight into how long from when everything is completed to getting a date for oath? Thanks
What is your timeline? Could not find you on the tracker...

Greecman

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
Congratulations

absg

Mar 19, 2017
Type: Paper application submitted on May 16,2021
AOR: 31st August, 2021
Application status everything In progress
Didn't receive Test invite and NO update in my application. I am little worried now. Anyone else at the same situation?

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Type: Paper application submitted on May 16,2021
AOR: 31st August, 2021
Application status everything In progress
Didn't receive Test invite and NO update in my application. I am little worried now. Anyone else at the same situation?
Hey man. That seems very slow. I'm sorry to hear that. This has been an excruciatingly painful process for the majority of us.