+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

sinou3939

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hello, my application seems to have changed yesterday (Dec 22nd) to indicate that my test has been scheduled for Dec 24 - Jan 13. Just as I was checking my online tracker, I got an email from IRCC (Niagara Falls?!) with the email invitation for the test.

I am currently row 46 (sinou39) on the May 2021 tab. Looks like someone has been sorting the rows using different columns.
I just finished my test, scored 19/20. I am assuming there will be some updates and next steps in the new year!

About the test, for those that haven't taken it yet. Saying that taking a picture of your ID and yourself before the test was challenging is an understatement. For me it felt like it required God-level hand-eye coordination :D

Also, after I took the first picture, my browser stopped showing preview/live view of the picture I was about to take. It only showed the snapshot after I took the picture, I had to do trial and error 10s of times trying to guess if I took it right. And only see the pic after it was taken. It was very challenging to say the least. I hope the pictures I submitted were acceptable.

I don't believe this was an issue due to my computer either. I use a 6-month old 2020 MacBook Pro and used Safari which was one of the two recommended browsers for the test. I think the tool is simply buggy and doesn't work as well as it intends to. Be prepared for a challenging experience submitting the photos before the test begins.

The test experience itself was quite smooth and very easy to use. As it is to be expected, the camera was always on and showed a view of myself in the corner of the screen. So just do a couple of days worth of preparation before the test. It was very straightforward and you only need to get 15/20 to pass. For preparation, I only did the Richmond library practise tests a few times. While I ordered and received the Discover Canada physical copy, I never really finished reading that guide, but it is probably a good idea to read it thoroughly to get an idea of the basics.

Good luck to everyone waiting to do this step and to everyone else stuck in different stages of this long saga.

arka7980

Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015
Hello folks, I am joining a little late on this forum, out of desperation more than anything else. There is definitely a plethora of useful information, but I wanted to get specific feedback on what my options are when the ECAS says "communication has been sent on Sep 29, 2021" on the application tracker but I haven't received anything in an email or via letter. I have literally wasted almost 3 months now waiting for some sort of communication to arrive. I have tried calling their helpline number but there is no option to talk directly to an agent, and none of the pre-populated options address my question. I am assuming that my case is now with the local visa office, which should be London, ON. I am thinking of stopping by the new office in the next couple of days, depending upon their office hours, not sure if anyone would oblige me with the COVID restrictions, since I am also unable to find a way to book an appointment at the location. Any suggestions/feedback would be highly appreciated.

Just as an FYI, I continue to receive correspondence from IRCC on other matters, (e.g. PR renewal, survey, response to my email with clarification request). So its not that correspondence is not being received. Its just that one specific correspondence did not make it to my inbox.

Below are my timelines for reference:

1.) Application received: May 03, 2021
2.) AOR received: Aug 04, 2021
3.) Application processing started: Sep 29, 2021
4.) ECAS states that correspondence was sent on Sep 29, 2021 but none received.
5.) Background verification completed: Oct 01, 2021

Thanks.

- Arka

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hello folks, I am joining a little late on this forum, out of desperation more than anything else. There is definitely a plethora of useful information, but I wanted to get specific feedback on what my options are when the ECAS says "communication has been sent on Sep 29, 2021" on the application tracker but I haven't received anything in an email or via letter. I have literally wasted almost 3 months now waiting for some sort of communication to arrive. I have tried calling their helpline number but there is no option to talk directly to an agent, and none of the pre-populated options address my question. I am assuming that my case is now with the local visa office, which should be London, ON. I am thinking of stopping by the new office in the next couple of days, depending upon their office hours, not sure if anyone would oblige me with the COVID restrictions, since I am also unable to find a way to book an appointment at the location. Any suggestions/feedback would be highly appreciated.

Just as an FYI, I continue to receive correspondence from IRCC on other matters, (e.g. PR renewal, survey, response to my email with clarification request). So its not that correspondence is not being received. Its just that one specific correspondence did not make it to my inbox.

Thanks.

- Arka
I've spoken with a live agent to update the address (30-40 minute hold). Choose that specific option and try your luck? Good luck!

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
Hi - am a Winnipeg applicant. In process Sept 23 on Ecas, and an update on Sept 24 on the new tracker, but nothing else.

Hi is any one from Winnipeg office heard something. My Ecas changed to in process on 29 October 2021 and on the new tracker it’s saying updated 1 November no update after that

Reactions: diniztv

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014

Thanks.

- Arka
Usually the correspondence is a request to submit fingerprints for background check, however in your case it has already been marked as completed.

But if I were you, I will submit a request for GCMS notes just to see what kind of request has been sent out, it usually details out any outgoing and incoming correspondence.

While you wait for your notes to arrive, you can send them a web form to let them know that you haven’t received any correspondence.

Hope this helps.

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My test status updated to complete today. Took the test on 26th December