+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Separate notification wont come for "In process" status change.
Thanks. So when I check my status online I see all 4 (language skills, physical presence, background verification and prohibitions) are showing as In Progress, so it's safe to conclude that my file is now in progress? I received my AOR yesterday.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Thanks. So when I check my status online I see all 4 (language skills, physical presence, background verification and prohibitions) are showing as In Progress, so it's safe to conclude that my file is now in progress? I received my AOR yesterday.
All 4 of them defaults to "In progress" in the tracker at the beginning. Test and oath remains at "Not started". Check here in ECAS to know the status of when your file is in process. Since you got the AoR yesterday you should see "Application Received" and when you click, there should be line, 1. We received your application......
Line 2. adds when your application changes to "in process" from "Application Received" in ECAS.

ECAS and citizenship tracker are different. tracker was deployed very recently. Hope it helps!

Reactions: pharmjam

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
All 4 of them defaults to "In progress" in the tracker at the beginning. Test and oath remains at "Not started". Check here in ECAS to know the status of when your file is in process. Since you got the AoR yesterday you should see "Application Received" and when you click, there should be line, 1. We received your application......
Line 2. adds when your application changes to "in process" from "Application Received" in ECAS.

ECAS and citizenship tracker are different. tracker was deployed very recently. Hope it helps!
Very helpful, thanks so much.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Very helpful, thanks so much.
Do you also have a status at the bottom of the page saying: "Application filed We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon" ?

PeeCee1

May 14, 2021
Please add me to the May 2021 tracker:
Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,102
Application sent: May 13, 2021
Application delivered: May 19, 2021
AOR Received: August 13, 2021

Thank you!

PeeCee1

May 14, 2021
A
Please add me to the May 2021 tracker:
Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,102
Application sent: May 13, 2021
Application delivered: May 19, 2021
AOR Received: August 13, 2021

Thank you!
Actually I am already added to the spreadsheet. Please update my AOR date

Grateful2Canada

Aug 14, 2021
Hi guys. I wanted to add my application timeline on here.
Type: Single (Paper application)
Physical presence: 1200 days
App sent: May 5, 2021
App received: May 11, 2021
AOR: August 10, ‘21

Quick question, y’all. So I just utilized the ECAS resource for the first time & I realized that under application history, it says that they received and started processing my application on July 2, 2021. However, I only got my AOR on the 10th of August. Does the application actually start getting processed before AOR is sent out to most people, or should I be happy that my application is moving “faster” than CIC’s correspondence with me?

• Haha
Reactions: Jakev

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi guys. I wanted to add my application timeline on here.
Type: Single (Paper application)
Physical presence: 1200 days
App sent: May 5, 2021
App received: May 11, 2021
AOR: August 10, ‘21

Quick question, y’all. So I just utilized the ECAS resource for the first time & I realized that under application history, it says that they received and started processing my application on July 2, 2021. However, I only got my AOR on the 10th of August. Does the application actually start getting processed before AOR is sent out to most people, or should I be happy that my application is moving “faster” than CIC’s correspondence with me?
Are you referring to the tracker where you can see status of brackground checks, language skills, presence days etc...? If this one, then everyone has "in progress" at the beginning but that doesn't mean it's being looked at.

In my understanding, if this one says your application is in progress, then it really is: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

brucelee_can

Aug 6, 2021
Montreal
can you please update got my AOR Aug 13.

I tried to register to get access on the new tracker but i am getting an error, even 24 hrs after receiving the AOR, maybe coz its the weekend?
Have anyone faced the same issue before.
Thanks,

Grateful2Canada

Aug 14, 2021
Are you referring to the tracker where you can see status of brackground checks, language skills, presence days etc...? If this one, then everyone has "in progress" at the beginning but that doesn't mean it's being looked at.

In my understanding, if this one says your application is in progress, then it really is: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
Thank you for your response. I wasn’t referring to “in progress.” I was referring, particularly, to the date under application history vs AOR date. I used this link. https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Thank you for your response. I wasn’t referring to “in progress.” I was referring, particularly, to the date under application history vs AOR date. I used this link. https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
I am no expert but I think your application is indeed in progress. In the Application History, mine just say "application filed" which is AOR. So you are probably a step ahead. I could be wrong though.

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
can you please update got my AOR Aug 13.

I tried to register to get access on the new tracker but i am getting an error, even 24 hrs after receiving the AOR, maybe coz its the weekend?
Have anyone faced the same issue before.
Thanks,
Yes, system will refresh on Monday and then you can access samething happened with me.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hello May 2021 applicatns,

I am a June 2021 applicant. I am just curious if you guys check ECAS. If you do, does your application usually appear on there before or after the AOR?

Thanks,
Good luck everyone!!

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Hello, I finally got the AOR email, please update my timeline:

Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Single
Application sent: May 12, 2021
Delivered: May 17, 2021
AOR: August 16, 2021