+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
I need to apply and still confused should I apply online mode or paper application?

What is advise based on current trend ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi good day everyone. I just want to ask, what happen if you forgot to include in application the pages of your passport that has stamp on it during your vacation.
Well, IRCC might still not return your application and ask for this later because they slipped in that requirement rather quietly without any notifications to applicants whatsoever.

In any case, once you receive AOR, submit all pages of the passport via webform. Good luck!

Good luck!

eastdelhiboy

May 31, 2021
@eastdelhiboy @tata0692 @jLen_A @quebec2013 I’ve added you to June Tab in the tracker. Here is the link for the June Thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2021-citizenship-applicants.733273/page-2#post-9445428

@iSimran you were already updated and @SimpleMac I’ve updated you to May, can you kindly let me know your physical presence days?
i see you have added my twice, can you please delete the one that shows online application.

Vostro20

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Category........
Well, IRCC might still not return your application and ask for this later because they slipped in that requirement rather quietly without any notifications to applicants whatsoever.

In any case, once you receive AOR, submit all pages of the passport via webform. Good luck!

Good luck!
Thank you rajkamalmohanram, I will do that once I recieved my AOR soon.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

mkapoor

Sep 9, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my application in May 2020, received the AOR in September 2020 and my status online is " Background check : Complete" Prohibition: in process , Language, Physical Presence : In process" Any idea about:

1) how background check is different than Prohibitions?
2) how much time will it take for all processing to complete and getting the invite for Citizenship test?

Thanks, Hemant

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my application in May 2020, received the AOR in September 2020 and my status online is " Background check : Complete" Prohibition: in process , Language, Physical Presence : In process" Any idea about:

1) how background check is different than Prohibitions?
2) how much time will it take for all processing to complete and getting the invite for Citizenship test?

Thanks, Hemant
This is the May 2021 thread. You might want to post your queries in the May 2020 thread going forward. I'll answer your questions here this one time.

1. Background checks typically happens at the beginning of the process (after AOR and these checks are initiated by CPC-Sydney). Consists of Criminality (RCMP) and Security (CSIS) checks . The status of Prohibitions will only be set to complete towards the end of the process (when you receive "Decision Made" status on ECAS). Prohibitions, I think, is something like a one last check before they approve the application.

2. Citizenship test is NOT the end of the process. There's oath ceremony after that. Processing times greatly vary between applicants so there's no standard time. It is safe to assume it'll take 13 - 18 months (at least for 2020 applicants) from the date your application reached IRCC till an oath date is made available to you. After test status is set to "Complete", expect anything between 3 and 5 months of wait time for oath.

Good luck and please post your questions in the relevant thread (linked above) next time.

samkan

Feb 8, 2021
today when i saw all sections are completed expect citizenship ceremony.
When will citizenship ceremony starts is there any gap between the status change to final decision made from in-progress?

I have written exam in may 2021

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
today when i saw all sections are completed expect citizenship ceremony.
When will citizenship ceremony starts is there any gap between the status change to final decision made from in-progress?

I have written exam in may 2021
This thread is for people who submitted their applications in May 2021 not for people who took the test in May 2021.

I have responded here.

Lordnath

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
@FutureImmi Please correct the changes made to my record in the notes section of the tracker. It should read 'Online Application' instead of '
previous app returned on april 20'

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I need to apply and still confused should I apply online mode or paper application?

What is advise based on current trend ?
I don't think anyone can have a reliable answer for that! When I applied, I looked at the spreadsheet for Dec 2020 applicants and it looked like online applications were proceeding more quickly, and I also didn't wanna go through the hassle of sending a paper application and the stress of missing something. So I decided to apply online.

If I could go back, I don't know if I'd do the same again! Looking at Jan 2021 applicants, those who applied online are just starting to get their AORs, but paper applications are getting test invites. So I think right now at least, paper applications are proceeding faster and online processing is slow, but there's no way to know whether that'll change or not.

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
I submitted my application in May. Would you please add it to the tracker?

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application: Single
Application sent: May 26, 2021
Delivered: May 26, 2021
AOR: Waiting

I see that AOR for online applications is taking longer than paper applications. I don't see any online applicants who submitted their application after January 20th receiving their AOR. In comparison, paper applicants have received AOR for April submissions.

Is the subsequent processing faster for online applications? It feels like online applicants are at a disadvantage here. Not sure if there is a discussion on this elsewhere in the forum.