+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Vanessa3000

Sep 2, 2022
Anyone here still waiting to be called for oath ceremony? What can we do?
It's frustrating esp as people are getting called as earlier as 6 months after submission.

Blind_Sheep2

Mar 9, 2023
Update:
Talking to my local MP helped.
After couple of days my application status was updated and finally after a month all of the sections are marked completed and decision is made.
I'm waiting for further updates.

Reactions: johnjkjk

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Update:
Talking to my local MP helped.
After couple of days my application status was updated and finally after a month all of the sections are marked completed and decision is made.
I'm waiting for further updates.
Congrats! What did your MP do to get a resolution so quick? Mine just says it’s a waiting game..

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
I wrote to my MP again and got this automated response: "N.B. : We are aware of delays in processing immigration applications with IRCC. We advise you that currently, the waiting time is at least 30 days to receive an update. We will do our utmost to action urgent cases in a timely manner."

It's kind of hilarious that things are so bad over at the IRCC that he had to add that...

Blind_Sheep2

Mar 9, 2023
Im not sure what was said in the conversation between them.
I would wait 30 days or so and ask your MP to try again.

hilarious would not be the word i would choose to describe this situation.

MissChief82

Apr 26, 2022
The fact that I’m still waiting to write my test infuriates me. I went on the March 2022 thread and lots of people have gotten their oaths and citizenship. Now I’m regretting if I should have just waited to apply this year instead of last year during COVID. Applied in May 2021 , AOR in September 2021 and absolutely nothing since then. Ordered Gcms notes, reached out to MP and yet still nothing. It’s been 17 months and I had plans I had to move to a whole new year all because of this.
it’s really disheartening.
Not sure if anyone’s in the same shoes as I’m pretty sure mist people on this thread have gotten their citizenship but if anyone is in the same shoes, It’ll be nice to connect.
Hi Guys just updating to let you guys know the process. Everything moved VERY quickly between February and now as I was approaching my two years deadline.
applied: may 27 2021
AOR: Sep 4 2021
Nothing for 1.5 years
Then
Feb 16 2023: test invitation
Mar 6 2023: test written
Apr 3 2023 : invitation for interview
Apr 5 2023: everything marked complete
Apr 18 2023 : decision made
May 14 2023 : invitation for citizenship ceremony
May 27 2023: citizenship ceremony (exactly two years since application filed
May 30 2023: case closed
Jun 7 2023 : certificate of citizenship received in the mail

My file was processed by Mississauga office.

Thanks for everyone’s help during this process. It was a long and anxious journey but I’m finally a citizen of Canada!

Goodluck to everyone and for anyone still waiting hopefully you get yours soon!

Vanessa3000

Sep 2, 2022
Hi Guys just updating to let you guys know the process. Everything moved VERY quickly between February and now as I was approaching my two years deadline.
applied: may 27 2021
AOR: Sep 4 2021
Nothing for 1.5 years
Then
Feb 16 2023: test invitation
Mar 6 2023: test written
Apr 3 2023 : invitation for interview
Apr 5 2023: everything marked complete
Apr 18 2023 : decision made
May 14 2023 : invitation for citizenship ceremony
May 27 2023: citizenship ceremony (exactly two years since application filed
May 30 2023: case closed
Jun 7 2023 : certificate of citizenship received in the mail

My file was processed by Mississauga office.

Thanks for everyone’s help during this process. It was a long and anxious journey but I’m finally a citizen of Canada!

Goodluck to everyone and for anyone still waiting hopefully you get yours soon!
Congratulations!!!!! You won't have to worry about this anymore.
My application was received May 2, 2021, still waiting for oath ceremony. It's over 2 years and no hope in sight, now I have to figure out how to renew my PR card which expires this month. it's really frustrating.

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
ecas was just updated to "decision made" sometime in the past few days. LPP are still "in progress" on the tracker. Does anyone know what this means?

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
ecas was just updated to "decision made" sometime in the past few days. LPP are still "in progress" on the tracker. Does anyone know what this means?
That means your app is approved, and waiting for invite the oath. LPP not yet updated because LPP were completed on Friday, it will be updated tomorrow, 3am-4am :p . Wait and see. Congrats.

Reactions: inkomati

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
Our application was submitted in May 2021 and we got our invite for Oath Ceremony in Feb 2023, but since we were not in the country, had to reschedule. Even after notifying IRCC in first week of March after return, we have still not received any updates. Submitted multiple web forms, requested ATIP notes and also reached the Mississauga office for an update, no dice. I have reached out to our MP to if anything can be done, waiting on their response. Any other options to to get the reschedule moving?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Our application was submitted in May 2021 and we got our invite for Oath Ceremony in Feb 2023, but since we were not in the country, had to reschedule. Even after notifying IRCC in first week of March after return, we have still not received any updates. Submitted multiple web forms, requested ATIP notes and also reached the Mississauga office for an update, no dice. I have reached out to our MP to if anything can be done, waiting on their response. Any other options to to get the reschedule moving?
You should call IRCC every two weeks and also reply to the old oath email and ask for update. Other than that you already doing what needs to be done.

Reactions: Happy116