singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
No AOR yet, it's been close to 5 months now :(
Try getting TEMP file no. like I did by phoning them , it's nothing else but a courage that file has been touched or seen by some 1st line staff. An officer still has to check the whole thing then only then a pmt file no. will be given.

Reactions: Mishthi and rrss13

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
GOOD NEWS :)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html

News release
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
IRCC is leveraging new technology in a pilot to digitize paper applications so they can be processed more efficiently by IRCC employees working remotely and at various worksites. In addition to implementing facilitative biometrics measures, IRCC will be piloting, in the upcoming weeks, technology to conduct interviews with applicants remotely, in adherence with public health protocols.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020. Combined with processing to date, this rate will lead to about 49,000 decisions by the end of this year.
COVID-19 has created uncertainty for Canadians who are sponsoring spouses for permanent residence. We will continue to search for innovative and compassionate ways to reunite families, while following the advice of our public health experts to protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
GOOD NEWS :)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html

News release
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
IRCC is leveraging new technology in a pilot to digitize paper applications so they can be processed more efficiently by IRCC employees working remotely and at various worksites. In addition to implementing facilitative biometrics measures, IRCC will be piloting, in the upcoming weeks, technology to conduct interviews with applicants remotely, in adherence with public health protocols.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020. Combined with processing to date, this rate will lead to about 49,000 decisions by the end of this year.
COVID-19 has created uncertainty for Canadians who are sponsoring spouses for permanent residence. We will continue to search for innovative and compassionate ways to reunite families, while following the advice of our public health experts to protect the health and safety of Canadians.
This is really amazing news !!! Thanks for sharing

gauravgosavi242

May 27, 2020
@singleman Thanks for updating us.
Would you be able to give us the phone number on which you called? I called them and the call got disconnected saying that we needed to enquire using Webform only.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
@singleman Thanks for updating us.
Would you be able to give us the phone number on which you called? I called them and the call got disconnected saying that we needed to enquire using Webform only.
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). You MUST wait for IVR female lecture to finish :) then she starts asking for this and ??xxxxx press 1 , so here you press 2 ,wait,1 wait,1 wait 0 Now if there is a space for you she will say for example, "your estimated wait time is 37 minutes, then lecture of alerts etc continues, again she says, "your estimated wait time is 32 minutes " or something like that>>>Finally an agent M or F picks up from MONTREAL Call Centre

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
RE: AOR1,,
I saw tracking sheet :- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/htmlview#

app...2020-03-06204India
They are giving AOR 1 to 1st week of MARCH 2020 i;e; 204 days between date of receipt to AOR 1, say 6 to 7 months before we can expect an AOR..
MAY applicants + 7 months = NOV or DEC 2020
If this speed stays this way then we MAY-2020 guys can expect an AOR 1 BY DEC or NOV if lucky. Well now is SEPT so 2 more months NOT BAD eh!!

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
RE: AOR1,,
I saw tracking sheet :- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/htmlview#

app...2020-03-06204India
They are giving AOR 1 to 1st week of MARCH 2020 i;e; 204 days between date of receipt to AOR 1, say 6 to 7 months before we can expect an AOR..
MAY applicants + 7 months = NOV or DEC 2020
If this speed stays this way then we MAY-2020 guys can expect an AOR 1 BY DEC or NOV if lucky. Well now is SEPT so 2 more months NOT BAD eh!!
Mendicino said from October IRCC will go into high gear processing 6000 per month until end of this year. This may be an attempt to clear the backlog. We will see if this is true next week or so...

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Mendicino said from October IRCC will go into high gear processing 6000 per month until end of this year. This may be an attempt to clear the backlog. We will see if this is true next week or so...
Oh Yeah ! All will be in front proven if they are honest with this statement :)

Reactions: Phalos

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Politicians here are not as bad or make false promises , but time will tell.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Politicians here are not as bad or make false promises , but time will tell.
I totally agree. I was thinking the same that starting October IRCC will have to pick up the processing speed. So we should witness the change in March and April applications. Plus it took IRCC 6 months to give this statement about their plan to expedite family renunciation. I believe they really mean it and it is not just another promise or political statement.

Last edited: