MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Greetings All! Wishing everyone the best luck with this process.
My wife is a Canadian citizen (dual, actually, she also has US citizenship) and I am a US citizen. We both currently live together in California. Our sponsorship applications were delivered on May 13, 2020.
Is it permitted for us to visit Canada while our applications are being processed? If so, what are the limitations and/or precautions we should take in order to not interfere with the application process? We would like to start looking for our new home...
Please and thank you in advance for any advice!
I found this:-
As close culturally as Canada and the USA are, and as easy as it is for an American to adapt to Canadian life, it seems that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) wants your American spouse to wait in their home country – that would be the USA – until your sponsorship application is approved. A letter obtained by the Toronto Star from CIC Minister Chris Alexander states that “it is always in the client’s best interest to apply abroad.” [The article was removed from The Star's website as of December 2019.] So the choice between what is called an inland application – sponsoring a spouse or common-law partner who is already in Canada on a temporary visa – and an ‘overseas’ application – sponsoring a partner who remains in the USA with or without you – seems stacked towards the ‘overseas’ option.
Assuming your American partner has a job at home in the USA – sponsoring an unemployed foreign spouse has very little chance of success nowadays – and assuming they have some sort of health coverage in the USA, it only makes economic sense for them to apply from the US. This is because while your application is being processed, your spouse will not be eligible for health care benefits if he or she is living in Canada with you. Nor will they be able to work unless they are able to get a temporary work permit. That means you, the sponsor, will have to pay for their health coverage, and all their other expenses until your sponsorship application is approved in principle and then confirmed, and they obtain permanent residence status. For most working couples, that is a heavy financial burden that can eat up whatever savings they have, or land them with a second mortgage. But it does mean you are together and not separated from each other for the year or so – or even substantially longer – that the application process takes. The overseas option means your partner keeps his or her job and health coverage while you wait in Canada. Of course, if you are able to live and work in the USA while your sponsorship application is being processed, then this option is far more appealing. But the trade-off between love and work, and even health coverage, now applies to most Canadian-American couples seeking sponsorship.

Last edited:

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
I sent IRRC form as Enquirer(I am the sponser) and came back with the following:

hank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
If you are contacting us on behalf of someone else:

• Please make sure to enter their information under the Applicant Information section and your information under the Enquirer Information section, and
    • please also include the following information in the Your enquiry box of the Web form:
      • your surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable),
      • your date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD), and
      • your country of birth.
  • If applicable, provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form, a Release of Information to an Individual (IMM 5475) form or a Power of Attorney in order to be authorized to receive the requested information.

I did verify what they are asking for & I have submitted what they asked for, not sure what's wrong with my submission.

Date on which the application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada....> what is this ?

Yerome

Jun 2, 2020
I sent IRRC form as Enquirer(I am the sponser) and came back with the following:

hank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
If you are contacting us on behalf of someone else:

• Please make sure to enter their information under the Applicant Information section and your information under the Enquirer Information section, and
    • please also include the following information in the Your enquiry box of the Web form:
      • your surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable),
      • your date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD), and
      • your country of birth.
  • If applicable, provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form, a Release of Information to an Individual (IMM 5475) form or a Power of Attorney in order to be authorized to receive the requested information.

I did verify what they are asking for & I have submitted what they asked for, not sure what's wrong with my submission.

Date on which the application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada....> what is this ?
When did you submite you application? and are they emailed without you are contacted them??

NadPatel

May 15, 2020
I have sent my file to sponsor my wife. I am thinking to relocate/move to a different province. Will that affect my file? Was anyone in this situation.
Thank you!

anuatmail

Mar 29, 2020
Hi Folks,

I submitted photo copy of PCC(Police clearance certificate ) for spousal application Is that accepted.

Thanks

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hi Everyone, I hope all is well.

May I ask if all the forms need an original signature? I suppose to send my application last April but there are forms that have little bit error such as Address number. I wasn't able to send the forms because they stopped the flights.

All my documents are already with my husband in Canada but we can't submit it because of the typo errors. Just wondering if it is acceptable to submit the form without the original signature? because what I did, all the forms have original signatures and I couriered it from Philippines to my husband in Canada. And Now my police clearance from Dubai is already expired for 2 months now. since no flights, I can't do the authentication of my police clearance.

I was advised that submitting the expired police clearance is fine just attach an explanation.

Anyone, please help me. I just want to start the process of my visa. It's so tough to be away.

Thank you in advance.
You need original signature

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Over 3 months NO AORs for those received in May it could take 4 easily and up to 6 months for AOR1 !!

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi guys.....i applied for my spouse in May as well through a lawyer and i paid the govt. fees via credit card. Later my lawyer gave me an Official Receipt that had the receipt no., reference no. and other information on it. Is this something that I can use to get a status of my application?

bian07

May 19, 2017
Hi guys.....i applied for my spouse in May as well through a lawyer and i paid the govt. fees via credit card. Later my lawyer gave me an Official Receipt that had the receipt no., reference no. and other information on it. Is this something that I can use to get a status of my application?
You need to wait to get an acknowledgement of receipt which takes a few months

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Too early but yes it can be linked with recpt no. +few more details later date

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
hi gays, who from ukraine pass fingerprints its any apdate yet?