+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

nomoretony

May 18, 2020
Wife put our package in the mail Saturday, will see how long it takes to get there! Its crazy that 12 months is the turnaround time from the US but will see what the reality is.

Reactions: maxayma

jamaali

Jan 5, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Visa Office
App. Filed.......
20-05-2020
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
Wife put our package in the mail Saturday, will see how long it takes to get there! Its crazy that 12 months is the turnaround time from the US but will see what the reality is.
12 months is the standard time for everyone. May be shorter or longer depending on your case. However, due to covid processing is taking longer. Good luck to you.

Reactions: maxayma

nomoretony

May 18, 2020
12 months is the standard time for everyone. May be shorter or longer depending on your case. However, due to covid processing is taking longer. Good luck to you.
Totally understand.. from Canada to US was almost exactly 9 months when we went that direction.

Reactions: jamaali

maxayma

May 11, 2020
12 months is the average time they give to everyone. The first case approved for 2020 was from USA as per the spreadsheet and it took around 3 months. Best of luck to you, in general the processing time is on a case by case basis and before the Covid 19 IRCC was working to achieve the average of 12 months processing time target.

Last edited:

nomoretony

May 18, 2020
12 months is the average time they give to everyone. The first case approved for 2020 was from USA as per the spreadsheet and it took around 3 months. Best of luck to you, in general the processing time is on a case by case basis and before the Covid 19 IRCC was working to achieve the average of 12 months processing time target.
Totally get it and Thank You. We are more or less planning for it to take that long (due to the kids' school year down here). Is it possible to "activate" a visa and apply for jobs as well as start to move things over a time period of 6 months or something like that? Given everything we're seeing in the world, can't help but wonder what we'll be contending with right now.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Once we have AOR1, would the principal applicant has access to any free online courses while he or she in the original country still ?

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Once we have AOR1, would the principal applicant has access to any free online courses while he or she in the original country still ?
Canada provides pre-arrival services but on a later stage of the application not just after the AOR, since AOR means application was received and they started processing no grantee with the outcome though at such early stage. When the application is at the final stage they sent a letter letting the applicant know about the per-arrival services that he/she might find useful like recruitment advisory for example.

Last edited:

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Totally get it and Thank You. We are more or less planning for it to take that long (due to the kids' school year down here). Is it possible to "activate" a visa and apply for jobs as well as start to move things over a time period of 6 months or something like that? Given everything we're seeing in the world, can't help but wonder what we'll be contending with right now.
Well if your application is an inland sponsorship application which means you live already in Canada with your sponsor during the processing of your application, then the applicant is eligible for an OWP (open work permit) and the OWP application is to be sent along with the main application. I assume you have applied outland and you are in the USA then you should read about the visa arrangements between USA and Canada in case you can legally work in Canada while on a TRV (visitor visa). For example Canada have arrangements with some European couturiers letting Europeans to travel and work in Canada for a certain period of time while being a visitor a program called International Experience Canada dedicated for the youth mainly.

Last edited:

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
4 days express delivery and my app did not get to CPC yet :( sent it on Tuesday from Ottawa. Nova Scotia did not have any holidays yesterday I think.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
4 days express delivery and my app did not get to CPC yet :( sent it on Tuesday from Ottawa. Nova Scotia did not have any holidays yesterday I think.
If you used Canada Post express the fastest option is delivery after 2 Working days so in case of weekends and official holidays this should not be counted. This weekend was a long weekend in Canada normal weekend followed by Victoria Day.

nomoretony

May 18, 2020
Wish I could say that I
Well if your application is an inland sponsorship application which means you live already in Canada with your sponsor during the processing of your application, then the applicant is eligible for an OWP (open work permit) and the OWP application is to be sent along with the main application. I assume you have applied outland and you are in the USA then you should read about the visa arrangements between USA and Canada in case you can legally work in Canada while on a TRV (visitor visa). For example Canada have arrangements with some European couturiers letting Europeans to travel and work in Canada for a certain period of time while being a visitor a program called International Experience Canada dedicated for the youth mainly.
Wish my life was that simple again (no kids and a student!). I'm a bit beyond that age group so we've got a more complicated journey but its all good. I think it will be workable, wanted to see if anyone had that experience already. I might just be in less of a hurry than some.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Wish I could say that I

Wish my life was that simple again (no kids and a student!). I'm a bit beyond that age group so we've got a more complicated journey but its all good. I think it will be workable, wanted to see if anyone had that experience already. I might just be in less of a hurry than some.
I wish you all the best.