+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 Intake Confusion

Aric127

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Hi Folks,
I just wanted to create a thread for May 2020 intake applicants.
As the entire world is currently going through a pandemic situation of Coronavirus, there are many questions and queries which are not clear yet so I invite all related members only to discuss and help each other.
I have a few queries(if you have others please don't hesitate to include as well):
1. If someone gets the study visa after 18th March.
2. Current status of University / College (if they are going to start the class for May session)
3. latest travel update.

Best Regards,
Abhishek

Reactions: Pranali

muralimech

Oct 14, 2019
Hi Folks,
As the entire world is currently going through a pandemic situation of Coronavirus, there are many questions and queries which are not clear yet so I invite all related members only to discuss and help each other.
I have a few queries(if you have others please don't hesitate to include as well):
2. Current status of University / College (if they are going to start the class for May session)
3. latest travel update.

Best Regards,
Abhishek
Hey...yes.. I'm going for may intake and my study permit is still in process

Aric127

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Hey...yes.. I'm going for may intake and my study permit is still in process
Same situation I submitted my visa application on 11th March and no update yet.
Again bit worried, shall I need to defer my admission to Sept session or not.

What about your status?

Chethan A

Oct 24, 2019
Hi Folks,
3. latest travel update.

Best Regards,
Abhishek
Now travel ban is imposed on everyone irrespective to date of study permit approval.
CIC says as follows

Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups

Tkohli

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
I have my passport dispatched on 21 March but idk whats the decision. CIC didn't updated that on my account and i guess cic people are not working anymore on study permits until lockdown period is over. There's no way to know the decision as VFS is closed too.

Did anyone got their visas in past 3-4 days ? (just trying to see if visa's are still being processed or not.)

Naomikiptoo

Nov 9, 2019
Hello there,I got refusal and I want to reapply again should I wait until they uplift the ban or I just continue applying please help me

muralimech

Oct 14, 2019
Same situation I submitted my visa application on 11th March and no update yet.
Again bit worried, shall I need to defer my admission to Sept session or not.

What about your status?
I submitted on 10th March.. don't make any decision now..wait for the reply..some colleges decided to go on with online classes till the situation settles.Hope for the best

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
I have my passport dispatched on 21 March but idk whats the decision. CIC didn't updated that on my account and i guess cic people are not working anymore on study permits until lockdown period is over. There's no way to know the decision as VFS is closed too.

Did anyone got their visas in past 3-4 days ? (just trying to see if visa's are still being processed or not.)
my passport dispatch from vfs ,but no decision same happen with you ,,i apply on 17 march