+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Nothing! Still waiting for Oath. Man this bugs me so much that people applied in 2021 have their oaths already and here we are scrambling.
Guess I was too optimistic a few days ago, seeing a few other posts from Kitchener. I've now seen posts where people are waiting for oath from 2019 - Kitchener office!! So back to being frustrated again.

Reactions: Val-Kon

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thing with oaths is that i read people get status changed online but get the emails closer to the actual date. this is something which adds to my worries as I dont want to forget about it , not check online but then wake up one day and find the email of oath for the next day or something. dont want to get caught in that situation.
if it wasnt that i would have just forgotten about it and wait for the oath email whenever that happens- just like i did after sending my application initially

dan1509

Apr 1, 2020
thing with oaths is that i read people get status changed online but get the emails closer to the actual date. this is something which adds to my worries as I dont want to forget about it , not check online but then wake up one day and find the email of oath for the next day or something. dont want to get caught in that situation.
if it wasnt that i would have just forgotten about it and wait for the oath email whenever that happens- just like i did after sending my application initially
Just check the canada website? It tells you like a month in advance

piti

May 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi all. Just a head's up that you can update my info on the spreadsheet. Received our ceremony invitation on December 29th, and had the ceremony on January 13th! Thanks , and good luck all!

Reactions: bcvancouverbc

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi I have basically the same timeline as you do, Dec 24 everything changed to complete and now waiting for the oath invite. I have a question, how do you know what office is processing your application? I'm in Toronto but not sure where it's being processed. Thanks
I am not certain but it seems to be the capital of the province you are in. Or others have said that if you receive an email you can tell from the office the email came from.