+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Mavi1987

Jul 29, 2021
I am from Edmonton,Alberta. Me and my husband got decision made on ecas and all changed to completed on jan 6.
written knowledge test on August 6.Any idea how long it will take to get the oath date?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I am from Edmonton,Alberta. Me and my husband got decision made on ecas and all changed to completed on jan 6.
written knowledge test on August 6.Any idea how long it will take to get the oath date?
I am also from Edmonton and looks like we got DM the same day. Let keep each other updated if you don't mind.

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
Yes mine was closed the next day, did you call IRCC ? I will email my oath office on Tuesday, it will officially be 6 weeks from Oath, and Oath letter mentioned to contact them if certificate is not received within 6 weeks.
Yes I contacted IRCC and they told me that it should have been mailed on Dec 8. They also told me to wait until the end of January and that if I had des received it by then, I should give them a call to see what can be done.

Swappy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Yes I contacted IRCC and they told me that it should have been mailed on Dec 8. They also told me to wait until the end of January and that if I had des received it by then, I should give them a call to see what can be done.
Thank you, I will let you know if I get mine or hear any progress on it.

UPDATE: Called IRCC and they said my certificate was finally dispatched on January 5th. That's a long time from Oath, oh well atleast its done.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSerrano91

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
Thank you, I will let you know if I get mine or hear any progress on it.

UPDATE: Called IRCC and they said my certificate was finally dispatched on January 5th. That's a long time from Oath, oh well atleast its done.
That’s great news. You should receive it soon. Which processing office are you dealing with?

jfabiansosa

May 17, 2017
Hi, I sent my application to Sydney NS. Is that the office processing my citizenship application? If not, how do I know which one is it?

thanks in advance.

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
Hi, I sent my application to Sydney NS. Is that the office processing my citizenship application? If not, how do I know which one is it?

thanks in advance.
All applications are sent to Sydney NS and then they are distributed to a processing centre close to the area where you live. It think this is done once the office in NS confirms that you meet minimum requirements to apply.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Just looking for some views from May 2020 applicants (of which I am one!). I look my test early Nov. Still waiting for oath invite. Looking at the spreadsheet I am estimating/expecting that we will wait till around March before we see movement towards oath for our cohort. Ottawa Applicant.
Anyone here have a view? Have a lovely day/wait!

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Just looking for some views from May 2020 applicants (of which I am one!). I look my test early Nov. Still waiting for oath invite. Looking at the spreadsheet I am estimating/expecting that we will wait till around March before we see movement towards oath for our cohort. Ottawa Applicant.
Anyone here have a view? Have a lovely day/wait!
Hi Orlaith!
I am one from May 2020. Did my test mid November and everything changed to complete (with Decision made in ECAS) on Dec 24, 2021.
I am expecting end of January to end of February for Oath invite based on timeline of a few others from Kitchener office!

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi Orlaith!
I am one from May 2020. Did my test mid November and everything changed to complete (with Decision made in ECAS) on Dec 24, 2021.
I am expecting end of January to end of February for Oath invite based on timeline of a few others from Kitchener office!
HI, very pleased for you that things are progressing. I was never able to sign into ECAS but can get onto the new portal. Nothing has changed since the test was set to complete. Maybe it will be before March if your progress is to be followed! Good luck and keep us posted!

Reactions: immigrate2017

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Hi, please update tracker.
Decision made Nov 10 2021
Oath letter date Jan 7 2022
Ceremony Jan 31 2022

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Quick question guys although my Oath is scheduled for 31st Jan, but I have not received anything on email yet with a link. I also didn't receive an email saying I am scheduled for oath (I saw the update on the tracker).
I read somewhere that this is normal and I should get a link a week or two before, I assume that is still the case and I should till the very last week to reach out to my processing office.

If it's matters I am based out of Surrey