+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
How do I order gcms notes? I thought I ordered them in May, but I haven’t seen anything yet.
On average I have always received it in 30 to 35 calendar days. Not sure why you have not received yours. I requested one more on August 17. Will update when I receive it. Try googling ATIP online request. The first link should guide you through the process of requesting it in detail.

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Application Status site was updated to show test in progress on August 27th, test window was Sept 3rd to Sept 24th. Got the email on Wednesday 1st, took the test on Sunday 5th.

My timeline is:
Application mailed: May 21st 2020 (or around then)
App received: May 26th
AOR: October 2nd
In Process: December 5th
Background completed Feb 3rd 2021
Test email: September 1st
Test date: September 5th (passed)

Processing office: Vancouver

Tracker is still showing test to be completed but I think that's normal.

piti

May 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I have a question somewhat related, but when can we go about getting a passport after all of this? Do we have to wait until the oath ceremony to apply for a passport? Is a passport included in the process since we had to send in passport photos? thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a question somewhat related, but when can we go about getting a passport after all of this? Do we have to wait until the oath ceremony to apply for a passport? Is a passport included in the process since we had to send in passport photos? thanks!
Applying for passport is a separate process (you'll have to fill out a passport application form, get photos taken, get the application form, photo and ID documents signed by your guarantor). You'll have to wait until you receive the citizenship certificate after oath and only then can you apply for a passport. You'll have to submit the original citizenship certificate as a part of the process. Even if you are submitting the application in-person, you'll need the original citizenship certificate.

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020
App submitted: 14 May 2020
AOR: 25 Sep 2020
Test completed: 20th May 2021
prohibitions complete: 11th Aug 2021
DM: 31st Aug 2021
Oath scheduled Toronto: 23rd Feb 2022

When do I get the ceremony invitation and instructions?
Wow ! 6 months to Oath from DM.. But good you have the date now.. which Processing office is this !

FISHER321

Sep 3, 2016
Hi everybody, just got update about my test invitation via citizenship tracker , it says invitation open from 10 sep-30sep , i expect email info and instructions 24
hrs before 10 sep.
Admin please update the spreadsheet

Reactions: Orlaith and Deedle

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
App submitted: 14 May 2020
AOR: 25 Sep 2020
Test completed: 20th May 2021
prohibitions complete: 11th Aug 2021
DM: 31st Aug 2021
Oath scheduled Toronto: 23rd Feb 2022

When do I get the ceremony invitation and instructions?
Next year. Days before the oath date

Reactions: conorol

piti

May 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Applying for passport is a separate process (you'll have to fill out a passport application form, get photos taken, get the application form, photo and ID documents signed by your guarantor). You'll have to wait until you receive the citizenship certificate after oath and only then can you apply for a passport. You'll have to submit the original citizenship certificate as a part of the process. Even if you are submitting the application in-person, you'll need the original citizenship certificate.
Thanks for the detailed response. I guess this means I will NOT have a passport ready for holiday travel then. Fingers crossed things start speeding up!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram