+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
hey guys, I'm in need of advice.

I'm thinking to go to my home country for Christmas, but I'm a bit nervous to book anything in case my oath is too close to the travel date and I won't be able to get passport on time.
DM on my application is as of July 2021, any idea / advice / recommendation if I should book this trip.

Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I'm thinking to go to my home country for Christmas, but I'm a bit nervous to book anything in case my oath is too close to the travel date and I won't be able to get passport on time.
DM on my application is as of July 2021, any idea / advice / recommendation if I should book this trip.

Thanks!
Currently, depending on your office, oath dates are being scheduled from September 2021 to February 2022. If you are in the GTA, then it is probably going to be scheduled at the far end of that spectrum (that is, from December 2021 to February 2022). It really depends so there is no telling when you'll be scheduled for oath. If you are definitely making this trip, then go ahead and book tickets and make sure there are no change fees (in case you need to reschedule the trip because the travel dates conflict with the oath date).

Good luck!

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020

Thanks!
My parents is on July 26th too. Please keep posted if you have an update !

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I was reading on another thread that there are almost 1/2 million applications in the backlog. NIGHTMARE continues.
Yes, that’s correct based on the updated atip received by someone and shared. The issue is that seems may 2020 applicants are forgotten since no test invites have been issued for a while!!! And according the spreadsheet the % people received test invite is less than 50%

• Sad
Reactions: Deedle

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I ordered notes on July 20th and haven't received them yet.
They issue the note before the deadline. Send a follow up email and you will get the notes the same day. That’s how I get it every time, basically they wait for you to follow up and send you the notes.

Last edited:

MMJK

Nov 27, 2014
They issue the note before the deadline. Send a follow up email and you will get the notes the same day. That’s how I get it every time, basically they wait for you to follow up and send you the notes.

I did actually send a follow up note, but nothing yet. Hopefully I get them next week.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
31 calendar days. Have you ordered yours? If so, I'd be willing to compare notes on some items.
How do I order gcms notes? I thought I ordered them in May, but I haven’t seen anything yet.

Mahyn

Jun 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 14 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
PER : 6 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
n.a
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing Started: 10 April 2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
28 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 July 2014
LANDED..........
26 august 2014
Hey all! New to this group, but have been active on other groups.
Admin - can you please update my timeline?
App Sent : May 2020
AOR : Nov 2020
Processing began: Dec 2020
BG completion: Feb 2021.
Others IP. Last update April 2021. No test invite yet. Pretty frustrated.

Seems to me the processing timeline is dependent on the individual locations, but that too is so not organized.
My file is being processed at the Kitchener office- GCMS notes say "Test Ready Shelf" since May 2021, but no test invite yet. I've seen on tracking spreadsheets that family applications from Kitchener from May and June have got test invites already.
Hi, I also applied in may 2020. I am base din Kitchener ON too. Fingerprints submitted in June this year. Since then there is no news.
Could you please advise how to apply for GCMS notes?

Thanks
Regards
Mahyn

Reactions: abcdmud

conorol

Jul 6, 2021
App submitted: 14 May 2020
AOR: 25 Sep 2020
Test completed: 20th May 2021
prohibitions complete: 11th Aug 2021
DM: 31st Aug 2021
Oath scheduled Toronto: 23rd Feb 2022

When do I get the ceremony invitation and instructions?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hi, I also applied in may 2020. I am base din Kitchener ON too. Fingerprints submitted in June this year. Since then there is no news.
Could you please advise how to apply for GCMS notes?

Thanks
Regards
Mahyn
Hi! Good to know your file is being processed at Kitchener office and that you've had some movement. Try googling ATIP online request. The first link should be the one that'll take you through further steps in requesting your GCMS notes. I did mine under the Privacy Act so it was free of cost. It takes 31 days on average to receive it, once you have submitted your request (this was the case for me).

On that note, can you please share some details on your application? Are you single or family applicant? When did they start processing your application per the new tracker system? And does your background verification show complete on the tracker? If yes, since when?