+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello guys, my ceremony has been scheduled on 27 July but I have not received any ceremony letter/Instruction yet. Does someone knows how long can be taken to receive ceremony letter? Should I contact them or waiting ? Thanks
You'll receive an email about a week before the ceremony.

Could you please provide the date your application went to "Decision Made" status on ECAS ? This is the same day when prohibitions was set to "Completed" on the New Citizenship status Dashboard .

Also, please post an update once you receive the oath email.

Congrats and good luck!

Reactions: nicolass

EhsanS

Jul 11, 2020
This morning my online tracker has been updated, Citizenship Oath is scheduled for August 4th. Haven't received an email with the instructions yet, will probably get it close to the date! :)
Hi,
First of all congratulations on your citizenship. I think we have the same status. I have been received a notice on 15 Jun by email shows my oath ceremony scheduled on 27 July but I have not received any ceremony letter yet. Do you have any idea why? May I Wait more time or I should contact them? Who should I contact?

Thank you for your help and time.

Ehsan

EhsanS

Jul 11, 2020
You'll receive an email about a week before the ceremony.

Could you please provide the date your application went to "Decision Made" status on ECAS ? This is the same day when prohibitions was set to "Completed" on the New Citizenship status Dashboard .

Also, please post an update once you receive the oath email.

Congrats and good luck!
Thank you for prompt response. I received notice on 15 Jun. I think decision made on 8 Jun. Thanks

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

galaes

Feb 23, 2017
Hi Everyone, Both me and my wife have completed our citizenship exams in past 2-3 weeks and we received a request letter from CIC this morning for my wife. They asked for all scanned pages of the passport. Could you please let me know if this means an interview will take place for my wife? Also does it mean we are close to to decision made?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone, Both me and my wife have completed our citizenship exams in past 2-3 weeks and we received a request letter from CIC this morning for my wife. They asked for all scanned pages of the passport. Could you please let me know if this means an interview will take place for my wife? Also does it mean we are close to to decision made?
Could indicate an interview but not necessarily. Many applicants have received this request but were not invited for an interview. Once she submits her passport pages, it is likely a "Decision Made" status will be seen on ECAS and "Prohibitions", "Physical Presence" and "Language" will be set to "Completed" in the new dashboard concurrently.

galaes

Feb 23, 2017
We have various Visas (Schengen - EU) and entry stamps for these countries as well as UAE entry stamps. Do we need to have each page translated? (UAE stamp indicates entry etc. but there is a lot of things in Arabic as well).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
We have various Visas (Schengen - EU) and entry stamps for these countries as well as UAE entry stamps. Do we need to have each page translated? (UAE stamp indicates entry etc. but there is a lot of things in Arabic as well).
If you have stamps where everything in the stamp is in a foreign language AND English or French, then no. Any stamp where you think there is no English translation for any of the words on the stamp, then I'd suggest you get those translated.

galaes

Feb 23, 2017
If you have stamps where everything in the stamp is in a foreign language AND English or French, then no. Any stamp where you think there is no English translation for any of the words on the stamp, then I'd suggest you get those translated.
Thank you for the guidance. Just one more question on stamps, the US customs officer did not stamp our entry to USA for one of our visits. Do we need to obtain anything about it? or should we just write a short letter explaining it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for the guidance. Just one more question on stamps, the US customs officer did not stamp our entry to USA for one of our visits. Do we need to obtain anything about it? or should we just write a short letter explaining it?
You can write a letter explaining it. If IRCC sees the need, they might ask you for I-94 later.

nicolass

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Decision made July 12.

Looking at the sheet, it seems May 2020 is moving slower than June-Sep 2020.

Timeline:
App delivered: May 8, 2020
AOR: Sep 24, 2020
IP: Dec 9, 2020
Test completed: May 12, 2021
DM: July 12, 2021

adnan2014

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Quick question - Is there any way to communicate with CIC. I need to update them for my job.

Thanks,

AD