+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm still waiting for my test date but I had a small question if anyone else is in this situation. I applied May 2020 with my current UK passport expiring in Feb 2022...now Feb 2022 is kind of fast approaching and I'm curious if there is an amount of time that needs to be left on a current passport in order to process my citizenship application? If I apply for a new one should I just send an updated copy to IRCC via a webform? I was going to wait until Novemberish time to apply for my new passport but I'm thinking maybe the sooner the better?
You don't need a valid passport for your Canadian citizenship application to be processed. Unless you receive an interview after the test, they won't be asking you for a new passport.

Having said that, if you renew your passport, you can send a copy of the bio page to IRCC and let the know you've renewed your passport. Not sure how many people do it - May be people who recently renewed their passports can weigh in.

Reactions: Deedle

conorol

Jul 6, 2021
As far as i know, you would see it in old ecas status portal. Once you received AOR for pr renewal, it would show both citizenship and PR card application together. after few weeks of PR card sent, the pr card application will disappear.

I dont know if it would appear in new tracker because my pr card got done before that. Eitherway, i think that it would appear only after you AOR for PR card. So wait for AOR for pr card application first.

Processing time for PR card is more than 3 months. As they finish processing PR card within few days of AOR, you would get your AOR in 3 months. I assume that you are yet to wait for 3 months hence AOR should come this month. Or track your PR card application movement in correct thread to know which date range they process currently.
As far as i know, you would see it in old ecas status portal. Once you received AOR for pr renewal, it would show both citizenship and PR card application together. after few weeks of PR card sent, the pr card application will disappear.

I dont know if it would appear in new tracker because my pr card got done before that. Eitherway, i think that it would appear only after you AOR for PR card. So wait for AOR for pr card application first.

Processing time for PR card is more than 3 months. As they finish processing PR card within few days of AOR, you would get your AOR in 3 months. I assume that you are yet to wait for 3 months hence AOR should come this month. Or track your PR card application movement in correct thread to know which date range they process currently.

Thank you for the information very helpful! So generally we are seeing the full 3 months before the AOR for the PR card renewals?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thank you for the information very helpful! So generally we are seeing the full 3 months before the AOR for the PR card renewals?
Yes 3 months for the AOR since they take just 2 to few days to complete/approve it for most cases. Most cases you would see approval within a day. So all the waiting time is before AOR.

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
my wife passed her test one May 31st. please update the spreadsheet

its been over a month and nothing else yet, how long do we need to wait? so far it lists Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions as "in progress"
same situation here. The way that they already got the applications (esp. if paper), approved you for the test, and yet delay clearing these three exact things, is just so painfully slow. I wake up every weekday and, no, nothing in the inbox. My friend who applies for a certain Cdn university got their visa approved sooner than many of our applications here.

Reactions: joeythecat

Raheel16

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Still waiting to see any update on the tracker online.

Test passed on Jun 16, but nothing is updated on the tracker. Last updated shows 'May 26'.

Wondering if it's normal to take that long to update? It's been over 3 weeks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Still waiting to see any update on the tracker online.

Test passed on Jun 16, but nothing is updated on the tracker. Last updated shows 'May 26'.

Wondering if it's normal to take that long to update? It's been over 3 weeks.
Yeah it takes a while for some applicants. For one September 2020 applicants, it took almost a month but he got the status set to "Completed" and received "Decision Made" a week after that.

Reactions: nicolass

nicolass

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
The way IRCC process applications is so random it’s ridiculous. It seems like they pull applications out of an unsorted pile and the officer works on it as much as he feels and then tosses it back into the pile, to be randomly picked up again by luck at some point in the future.

Yeah it takes a while for some applicants. For one September 2020 applicants, it took almost a month but he got the status set to "Completed" and received "Decision Made" a week after that.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Is there anyone who applied from Calgary and still waiting for knowledge test invite?

I feel Calgary office is the slowest in the country at processing applications at the moment.

Mahyn

Jun 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 14 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
PER : 6 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
n.a
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing Started: 10 April 2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
28 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 July 2014
LANDED..........
26 august 2014

nicolass

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
I just noticed there’s an error in the spreadsheet for my entry. Decision has not been made. Last update was my test being set to complete in the tracker.

EhsanS

Jul 11, 2020
Hello guys, my ceremony has been scheduled on 27 July but I have not received any ceremony letter/Instruction yet. Does someone knows how long can be taken to receive ceremony letter? Should I contact them or waiting ? Thanks

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram