+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

ahrumpark87

May 11, 2020
Could you please put the information into the sheet?

Physical Presence: 1,378 days

Individual application: Single

Application sent: May 15, 2020

Delivered: May 26, 2020

AOR: TBD

delacroix00

Oct 1, 2020
Could you please update the sheet?

Physical presence: 1,104 Days

Individual Application: Single

Application sent: May 14th, 2020

Application Delivered: May 25th, 2020

AOR: October 1st, 2020

Reactions: EUK and vishakha

ahrumpark87

May 11, 2020
If I had AOR, then the process of citizenship would be going smoothly? I mean there would not be the requests for additional information if I received AOR? It’s just a kind of notifications to let me know that my application is being processed?

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
May 4 applicants still no AoR. The process of AoR should be based on the date applications received and they can’t skip applications!!!
I applied in june and no AOR yet. But I am not sure will I get it within two weeks or not. Still we do not know how cic send AOR. Definitely its not 1st come 1st basis. They complete around 40% to 50% of each month and jump to other month. Did they open all the other applications in same month? Not sure, since some one in feb got document returned in Aug or Sep. May be they did not touch your documents. May be its send to local office they are not looking at it.

Wish, they opened my application and send an AOR or return it.

Your application did not fall under 1st batch of AOR. Follow the feb march thread applicants those who did not get AOR. They are waiting for one or two months without any clue or indication.

May be weekly go to cic site and check the status.

Its hard to be patient and waiting. But we got no choice.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I applied in june and no AOR yet. But I am not sure will I get it within two weeks or not. Still we do not know how cic send AOR. Definitely its not 1st come 1st basis. They complete around 40% to 50% of each month and jump to other month. Did they open all the other applications in same month? Not sure, since some one in feb got document returned in Aug or Sep. May be they did not touch your documents. May be its send to local office they are not looking at it.

Wish, they opened my application and send an AOR or return it.

Your application did not fall under 1st batch of AOR. Follow the feb march thread applicants those who did not get AOR. They are waiting for one or two months without any clue or indication.

May be weekly go to cic site and check the status.

Its hard to be patient and waiting. But we got no choice.
We always have a choice and we need to start questioning IRCC to follow at least their instruction. Not issuing AOR based on date is discriminatory. They can delay processing your application but can’t delay acknowledging recipt of an application. We should follow up regularly using all methods. I have sent webform request and email to CIO-Sydney and requested a response. The process is simple they must open apps based on date received: if it’s complete issue aor if not not return. So it’s not a complicated process.

Last edited:

MontrealBR

May 28, 2020
Could you please update the sheet:

Application type: Single applicant
Physical presence: 1,394 days
Application sent: May 26, 2020 (UPS)
Application Received: May 28, 2020
AOR: October 2nd
Started Processing: TBD
FP Request: TBD
Test Invite: TBD
Test Date: TBD
Decision Made: TBD
Oath invite: TBD

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Ircc phone centre is not responding. I will call my local mp next week regarding the process of application. IRCC must start to process applications based on date application received. If an application is not complete, then they should return it.

Reactions: aakif2013

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Need some advice. I had applied as a family and just noticed that in the ECAS, for my wife it shows "Current mailing address" next to "Current home address" and this mailing address is showing our old address back in India. For the rest of us, myself and kids it is showing only "Current home address". We have all entered the same details in the application. What should I do in this case?

Thanks in advance!

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Hi all,

Need some advice. I had applied as a family and just noticed that in the ECAS, for my wife it shows "Current mailing address" next to "Current home address" and this mailing address is showing our old address back in India. For the rest of us, myself and kids it is showing only "Current home address". We have all entered the same details in the application. What should I do in this case?

Thanks in advance!
Send a webform request to update the address and it will be updated in about 5 business days: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coa

Reactions: Matar

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Ircc phone centre is not responding. I will call my local mp next week regarding the process of application. IRCC must start to process applications based on date application received. If an application is not complete, then they should return it.
I agree with you on this. But unfortunately, this has been the trend with IRCC since January of this year (chaos and confusion). If you look in to the excel sheet, a lot of applicants even from January are waiting for AOR, let alone months after that. There is nothing we can do but wait. Skipping application received date is the new "normal".